Giulio Alfieri - AISA conference April 2000 | FerrariChat

Giulio Alfieri - AISA conference April 2000

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by thecarnut, May 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    It was mentioned on another thread of an English translation of a lecture Giulio Alfieri made in April 2000 to AISA where he discusses the development of the 3500GT, among other things. I found the contents quite interesting.

AISA stands for "Associazione Italiana per la storia dell’Automobile" and they have a website with a catalogue of the lectures.

AISA - Associazione Italiana per la storia dell?Automobile

This particular lecture (#46) is available in Italian for download from their website but for some reason the English version did not work for me. Lorenzo Boscarelli, who is the president of AISA, was kind to provide me a copy, which I have posted on my website and is available here:

http://thecarnut.com/Manuals/Alfieri3500GTIngl.pdf

Worth reading if you like the early history of the GT cars.

Ivan

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Could you get more specific with that link?

3. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    This lecture is a really interesting read. Thanks Ivan, for being the keeper of knowledge for all things Maserati.

Chris

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Bob,

Not sure I understand your question. The second link takes you to the Alfieri lecture, which has been translated to English. The first link takes you to the AISA website, which is in Italian but with Google translate you can sort of navigate it.

Ivan

5. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Thank you Ivan, for hosting this on your web site.
    A great read.
    Sig Alfieri was a friend of mine. He and his wife were our first guest and Concorso Italiano in 1991.
    Every time I went to Modena I would visit him. He was a great man and a great engineer. I miss him.
    Ciao,
    FGM

6. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The first one leads to a LOT of links, is there a specific one of those that you are suggesting we read or did you extract it already and that's what you put on your website?

7. ciscoauto

ciscoauto Karting

Jan 1, 2016
    Germany, Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Thanks a lot Ivan !

François

8. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    The first link is the AISA main website. Yes, there are a lot of links. Just explore and see if there is anything you like. One thing you may want to look at is the Archivio Curami, which contains many vintage photos.

The second link is of the Alfieri lecture, which is now posted on my website. The reason the lecture is posted on my website is that the link to this document on the AISA website is not working, but I was able to get the document via e-mail.

Hope this clarifies it.

Ivan

9. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks, it does.

10. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006

I was there and it was worth being there and a delight listening to Alfieri and feel his strong presence and competence altough he still was in his high seventies and died two years later. Probably the Milan lecture was one of his last public testimony.