Levante--is there a "secretr" preview a Monterey? | FerrariChat

Levante--is there a "secretr" preview a Monterey?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by bitzman, May 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I can't imagine Maserati not taking advantage of 100,000 or so monied car fans being in Monterey by not having a soiree for potential buyers. Last year I went to a similar one at Monterey in Carmel, overlooking the bay) that was to introduce the new Dawn;at that time still secret.

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Maserati is renting a building in Carmel to have their own preview of the Levante during Car Week.This may be lower cost than buying space at another locale that week.
    But I can't remember any sizable buildings on the main street so wonder where it is and what secret handshake you have to give to get in...

3. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    The word is: Clint Eastwood has to vouch for you. ;)

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Clint Eastwood has long had an impact on Monterey events.

5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    One time he was even playing piano in the bar

6. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Did you feel lucky punk? Well did you? :D

Just call Maserati NA or your local dealer and ask for an invite. It might be that simple.
    I saw it already last month at a dealership. There will be no drives until it's for sale at your dealer so ...

7. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    There is a strong possibility that the first general public drives will take place at Monterey.

8. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    I spoke to someone at Maserati HQ that was at one of the Levante launch parties in So CA and according to this person, the reason they are not allowing any test drives on the show car (Grigio Maratea with Ross interior) is due to the fact that the vehicle on display is a prototype and it is neither a Levante or Levante S but rather a combination of the two. I'm sure they can put a distributor plate on it and have a go at it but at least this is what was explained to me.

9. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Journalists have reviewed the car. Were those pre production, probably and if not then why weren't production models sent here?

10. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    Either Maserati brought a test car over from Italy for the journalist to drive or the journalist went to Europe. From the photos I've seen, it looks like maybe they were in Europe driving the SUV..who knows, it's Maserati after all and sometimes they can be confusing. :)