Good Vintage Maserati Mechanic in SF Bay Area? | FerrariChat

Good Vintage Maserati Mechanic in SF Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 81merak, Jun 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 81merak

81merak Rookie

Oct 19, 2015
    Looking for a shop in or near San Francisco to install new exhaust valves in my 81 Merak SS. Any recommendations?

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If you're willing to invest a little time and effort I'd suggest getting involved in the local Maserati club chapter there via MIE. THey do lots of events and will of course be at Monterey. Going to Concourso Italiano would be a good way to meet most of them. Bring wine and cheese! :D

One member who's on here might be able to point you in the right direction and that's Gene O'Gorman. Perhaps he'll respond.

More important than just being a Maserati mechanic is being familiar with that particular V6 and the sodium filled valves issue. Plenty have already fixed this before. Another forum website to try is :

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Sport-Maserati-L/conversations/messages

Yahoo is crummy but the content is gold.

There are lots of SM and Merak owners on there. Experts on this engine can be located there.

Good luck.

3. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    One of the better Maserati Mechanics in the Bay area is Emiles in Santa Cruz, he owns a Merak and two of the best Boras anywhere. He has worked on several Meraks for others in the area. If you are going to take the engine apart your self them there are a few very good engine builders in the Berkley area that may be a better choice.

4. 81merak

81merak Rookie

Oct 19, 2015

Thanks Egorman! Which are the engine builders in Berkeley?

5. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    The ones I like are Norman racing and Hasselgren in Berkeley and Morgans in Walnut creek