Rusty. A wrecked 3500.. | FerrariChat

Rusty. A wrecked 3500..

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by [email protected], Jun 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin.mccloud1@me.com

Feb 24, 2016
    Cari Maseratisti

Being already the loving owner of Touring GT 101.1128 I've now gone and bought myself second one, 101.1488

My first is in almost fabulously good, patinated, original condition thanks to oil leaks galore over the years and a life spent holed up in Italy (that said, new pistons, bearings and valves are in order).

The second, however, is a basket case, having no engine and in fact nothing else other than the Touring body and the remains of a chassis. Clearly I would have been mad to buy this if I did not already have a similar car in a condition where we can easily refer to the chassis (and everything else in fact). so I am going to try to restore and rebuild this car. I'm consequently looking for an engine, gearbox, drive train, suspension, axle, everything else etc. I'm plugged in to most of the suppliers but of course their prices are eye-watering and I was faced today with the choice of a gearbox on sale for more than the price of the car. Hey-ho.

Am intending to buy the replacement steel for the chassis (ovoid tubing) from Trafil Tubi, formerly Gilco (Gilberto e Colombo) the original suppliers. Do any of you nice people have a view about steel supply in Europe. It's worth noting that generally the quality of the steel and the gas welding on my 101.1128 is spectacularly good and that the build sheet notes that the chassis was made 'da noi' (in-house). Was this standard? I seem to remember that generally chassis manufacture was sub-contracted.

Oh, and if you have an entire car in pieces getting in your way please give generously to this worthy cause.

Thanks

Kevin

2. bernhard

bernhard Rookie

May 19, 2008
    ciao Kevin
    i have a lot of suspension parts and 3500-panels(only the steel-parts) here in Austria.
    if you´re interested,contact me.
    my email: [email protected]
    saluti,
    bernhard