Famous Maserati collection selling in Santa Monica | FerrariChat

Famous Maserati collection selling in Santa Monica

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by zeroagenow, Jun 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zeroagenow

zeroagenow Karting
    BANNED

Jun 7, 2011
    California
    #1 zeroagenow, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Santa Monica Airport hosts Auctions America this weekend and a famous collection of Masers from the Riverside Museum are being auctioned off with no reserve, The museum had a working garage so the cars range of condition is huge. I'll post some more pictures after I ask my expert which ones would have the most interest.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rudolf M

Rudolf M Rookie

Jun 22, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rudolf Mkhitaryan
    Thanks for sharing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There was already a thread on this, please merge with RIAM thread.

The mechanic was let go some time ago and it appears the cars have just sat without recent maintenance.

The Indy is a good car which Doug was particularly fond of and good Indys are rare as they rusted more than other models plus they saw more use typically, hence wear and tear.

The Biturbo spyder Doug bought from us when I worked at Motorcar Gallery in Fort Lauderdale in 2002, he flew over for the black Mistral spyder, bought that from us, then said can we have a ride in the Biturbo spyder? After we did he said I would like to take this one too! That as a good day:) As Biturbo spyders go this is a good one, really cheap estimation too.

The Mistral spyder (which is probably in the RM Monterey auction was in Boca Raton for years with a man who thought he was smarter than Giulio Alfieri, a typical tinkerer who never drove but fussed endlessly on his car, I will never understand those people. He had modified a number of things but these were put right by Steve Claasen the local classic Maser expert in Fort Lauderdale as part of the sale to Doug.

Best regards,

Marc