Valve Cover Removal for Emblem Repositioning 3500GT Vignale | FerrariChat

Valve Cover Removal for Emblem Repositioning 3500GT Vignale

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TridenteFury, Jul 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TridenteFury

TridenteFury Karting

Sep 28, 2014
    #1 TridenteFury, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ciao Tutti,

Getting ready to reposition the front and rear Trident emblems on the right side valve covers, which where incorrectly installed by some careless mechanic as is always the case when not dealing with expert restorers.... They should be inline with the valve covers and pointing outwards...

Was wondering on how difficult this operation would be, what to watch for, procedure to follow, do I need to replace the gasket, apply some kind of gasket sealer ???

Looks like some red sealant has been applied with the valve cover gasket...

More importantly what would be the correct sequence to tight the valve cover nuts and also VERY IMPORTANT: to what torque setting...

Motlo Grazie
    Best
    Carlito
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Leave it as is.
    No offense, but your questions indicate that you should not be pulling the cam cover as this will invite more problems than I suspect you are prepared for.
    Ciao,
    FGM

3. TridenteFury

TridenteFury Karting

Sep 28, 2014
    Unfortunately I cannot, am a nutcase when it comes putting things right and originality...

If too complicated, will definitively let a vintage Maserati expert mechanic do it...

Ciao
    Carlito