Researching the history of 3500GT #101.1488 | FerrariChat

Researching the history of 3500GT #101.1488

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by [email protected], Sep 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin.mccloud1@me.com

Feb 24, 2016
    Buongiorno Maseratisti,

Can any one help me research the history of my 3500GT #1488 by any chance? I'm restoring it from heap o' rust to as new alongside #1128 which I'm gently repairing in time for Spring 2017

I'm in the UK and have gone and bought a hulking wreck of a 3500GT that was apparently imported into England in December 1988 from a dealer called THE EXOTIC CAR in Marietta GA (on Goggle Streetview, their address at 2550 Sandy Plains Rd seems pretty anonymous these days).

It was imported to England by a well-known British steel industrialist, Mel Farrah, who owned a number of Ferraris, Jags and other exotica and it may just be the case that he also owned a ranch in Arizona (could #1488 have belonged to him there?). At some point the engine was removed and who knows where that is now..

I own engine No. 156 (its parent car was photographed with Fangio but all I have is the engine!) which I intend to transplant into 1488 although this requires some re-adaptation of the chassis which had been crudely chopped around at some point to receive another non-Maser lump.

All musings and reflections gratefully received.

K

2. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Kevin...

Quite the project(s) you have there.. Would love to see some pictures!

Mike

3. kevin.mccloud1@me.com

Feb 24, 2016
    #3 [email protected], Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since the attached photo was taken the chassis has been blasted to remove rust. The Touring bodywork is in surprisingly good nick though. I'll post a couple more pics in a month or two once we've started to weld some panels back in.

I don't like to post pictures of piles of rust. Too depressing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login