Sick of Maserati dealer prices; looking for good parts supplier in Europe | FerrariChat

Sick of Maserati dealer prices; looking for good parts supplier in Europe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Luxb1, Sep 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Luxb1

Luxb1 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2016
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    J. Konrad
    Now that the sweater-wearing moron has decided to destroy Maserati, i don't think I want to pay Ferrari prices for parts from a company that has prostituted the Ghibli name and now makes tractors as well. I am looking for a good 2nd hand parts supplier in continental Europe. Any good addresses/contacts would be welcome. A good supplier in the Köln area would be great.

2. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Have You concidered one of the following :

Eurospares - UK
    Maseratispares - Netherland
    Scuderiacarparts - UK

Have dealt with all of them and they have been - aside from minor hickups - very reliable and part prices are lower compared with official dealers.

3. Luxb1

Luxb1 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2016
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    J. Konrad
    Yes, I know them all. Eurospares and Scuderia are in the Uk and I want a part now, fast. I just checked Maseratispares and one of the parts I'm looking for is actually more expensive from them than from the dealer. I guess I will just call them and offer them 50% of what they are asking for. It's a ******* Maserati. It has thin panels, thin leather and dodgy electrics. It isn't some ancient treasure guarded by 18yo blonde virgins. Price your parts accordingly!!!!!!!

4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Well,they are cheaper than my Norwegian dealer I should have mentioned :) You could get parts for Eurospares very quick but would have to opt for express shipping - and there goes the cost cut out the window.

What Maserati is it ?

5. Luxb1

Luxb1 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2016
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    J. Konrad
    Ahah. Yeah, I bet acquiring parts in Norway isn't cheap or easy. I am looking for a wheel for a Maserati Spyder to replace a kerbed one but buying 4 wheels would be ok as well. The dealer's prices are actually lower than the parts traders'. It makes no sense.

6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  7. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What kind of MAserati are you looking for parts for? And what kind of parts?

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Why wouldn't you just have the wheel repaired / refinished if it was just scuffed?
    A lot cheaper and less hassle is sounds like.

S

9. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Why didn't you just buy a Ford or Chevy?

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    First world problems

Someone who lives in Monaco complaining replacement parts on their Maserati are too high.

11. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I'm baffled by the basic premise of this thread. Do you think Mondial/308GT4/208/348/400i, etc. love to pay Ferrari prices for car parts just because their cars happen to have a prancing horse badge? Of course not. Yet, none of the mentioned models are commanding prices significantly above comparable Maserati models. We are dealing witht small-scale manufacturing. Live with it, find alternative sources, alternative solutions, and alternative parts. As some have pointed out, repair is sometimes a viable option...

12. Luxb1

Luxb1 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2016
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    J. Konrad
    #12 Luxb1, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Some of the parts that I was looking for, and bought and replaced on the car, are also sold by the Alfa dealer across town for 1/4 of the price. The price differences are ridiculous. To be fair though, I have obtained parts from the Maserati dealer at a lower cost than from the Alfa dealer, but the price differences were negligible there. My point is that prices shouldn't be high just because it has a Maserati badge. Quality should determine price, not the status of the badge. Look at it this way: if so many people go to great lengths to save money on parts for these semi-exotics, then there's something wrong.
    I can't stand the Fiat Chrysler group. This is what I believe will happen. They are going to get rid of Lancia much like GM destroyed Pontiac, slot Alfa where Lancia is now, selling hyperdiscounted mini cars, and slot Maserati where Alfa is, making semi-luxury city cars in addition to the mongrel Ghibli and the tractor that they sell now. Mark my words. The Fiat Chrysler group is digging its own grave. I really hate crappy cars with great badges. I really hate seeing accountants in dirty ties with kiddie chairs in the back, and young punk effeminate bankers, and ditzy soccer moms driving cars like the Ghibli or the Cayenne.

13. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Sounds like you are upset some of the great unwashed now drive your preferred marque. Have you thought about a Bugatti or Pagani to ensure everyone knows their place?

14. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard