Rw 4198 | FerrariChat

Rw 4198

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Art H, Oct 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art H

Art H Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 15, 2014
    Does anyone have RW 4198 Borranis for sale for a 1970 ghibli? Also, looking for a set of Borranis for a 1968 quatroporte 1 thanks ! Art

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #3 thecarnut, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    That is not a RW 4198 (regardless of what the ad says). RW 4198 is a bolt on wheel, that one is for a splined hub. Also it says it fits a Jaguar. Maserati and Jaguar did not share eitheir the same bolt pattern or splinned hubs.

Borrani does advertise a bolt on RW 4198 but unfortunately their new production wheel is not as the original. The original wheels had a steel rim with dimples while the new production wheels use an alloy rim without dimples. The look of the new production wheels is very different as the originals.

Ivan

4. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    Are you sure there were no RW4198 wheels with alloy rims? I have seen 2 sets with alloy rims 8-10 years ago . Both sets were on Ghibli spyders. And While I can not find a picture I am sure they had dimpled rims. At the time I owned a Ghibli coupe with the RW4198 steel rims.

5. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    The wheels Borrani currently offers do not have the dimpled rims. I have never seen a dimpled alloy rim but perhaps they were made. The only bolt on wires I've seen on a Ghibli have been with steel rims.

I have seen allow rims on a Ghibli but they were knock off wheels not bolt on.

Ivan