3500GT engine bay fan | FerrariChat

3500GT engine bay fan

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by GT ROCK, Oct 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT ROCK

GT ROCK Karting

Jul 24, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #1 GT ROCK, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello all,
    I still have had no success finding information on where exactly these 2 items are mounted, any pics would be very much appreciated. I am led to believe it goes somewhere in the left hand front wing to extract hot air from the engine bay but have been unable to find anything on the internet.
    Some welding had been done by the previous owner in this area so any mounting evidence has ben lost.
    Keith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 3500GT1336

3500GT1336 Rookie

Jan 2, 2017
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gerard Swaen
    #2 3500GT1336, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Keith
    apologies for not responding directly. 1336 was stil getting its new front window installed.
    The fan is on the left hand side of the car in the engine compartment indeed, but it is almost entirely blocked from view. If you would drill a hole in the left panel right where the steering column ends you would drill right through it. The fan motor is on the inner side of the car. The top side of the fan is fixed with a bolt to one of the support steel "rods" that are part of the frame. This steel support should still be in your car. I will attach two photos but not sure how to do that. So if you can't open the photos let me know

Gerard

3. GT ROCK

GT ROCK Karting

Jul 24, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Gerard,
    Thanks very much for that information, looks like the pictures worked.
    I gather from the photos that the 2 round outlets from the fan are visible through the side grill.
    Is the separate piece with 2 angled outlets mounted to the inside of the fan housing? towards the top? I presume they point downwards looking at the parts diagram.
    Keith