Maserati Spyder - $13,000! | FerrariChat

Maserati Spyder - $13,000!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by JohnnyRay, Oct 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Bargain hunters!

While traveling along the Mississippi River last Thursday, I passed through Guttenberg Iowa. There, along Hwy 52 (Main St.) I spotted an early-to-mid 2000s Maserati Spyder - Silver with a Black top parked close to the road at some nondescript business (just a bit north of the Caseys convenience store). I spun around to have a look. Sign said $13,000, along with some other information that I unfortunately did not record. Other than dirty from sitting out in the rain, it seemed complete with no dings or damage other than a snag on the edge of the soft top and somewhat cloudy headlight lenses. The purpose of my further investigation was to find out which transmission it had. Turned out to be a Cambio, otherwise I would have contemplated another Italian orphan "rescue". :)

Thought I would share in case someone here is interested...

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Maserati: Spyder M138 - Cambiocorsa | eBay

3. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
  4. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Why is it scary?

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I sold mine for $18,000 a few years ago. It needed a new roof and that was like $5,000.

It was a great car though!

The car is only scary if you buy it for Toyota money and think its going to last like a Toyota and cost like a Toyota to fix.

Also there were very, very few manuals made and most said it wasn't much good (rubbery feel). The auto box in the Cambiocorsa is better than the Ferrari 360 F1 so don't knock it!

6. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Grest cars.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    True, true, true. Of all the gin joints in all the world, I miss my 2004 Vintage Spyder the most. No, it wasn't a track car, but it was one helluva of a cruiser.

8. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Because it has a salvage title