Indy 4700 Resto - Where to Buy parts in Europe ? | FerrariChat

Indy 4700 Resto - Where to Buy parts in Europe ?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by FreitasFerrari, Jan 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FreitasFerrari

Aug 26, 2016
    Hi guys,

i'am currently restoring a Maserati Indy 4.7, and need lots of parts. I 'am currently using the MIE Website, but i would prefer to buy the parts in Europe if that was possible.

Does anyone know where can i get parts this side of the Pond? :) Eurospares is my best bet , but they dont have in stock for the Indy, and MIE has them...

suggestions?

thank you in advance

Francisco

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #2 Nembo1777, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello Francisco,

I compiled this list for Khamsin owners but it is just as good for owners of Indys or other classic GT Masers: good luck to you.

Marc
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hello Francisco. Congratulations on your Indy! I have spent the past few years assembling the parts required for a very needy Ghibli project, so I will hope my experience will be useful. I should say firstly that MIE are an absolutely first rate operation, and I cannot speak highly enough of their level of service. Being based in the U.K. Though, I can understand your reluctance to be paying high shipping and import duties into the EU!

Rather obviously, eBay can occasionally be a fruitful source of parts, but the search does need persistence, and sometimes lateral thinking as to where parts were 'borrowed' from by Maserati. For instance Alfa Giulia super rear lights on the early Ghibli, and seat hinges from recaro used on Alfa junior Zagato, Volvo Amazon and Lancia fulvia Zagato...I don't know offhand if any Citroen parts started to appear on the Indy, but I am guessing that your car is earlier as you say it has a shrunk-on crank sprocket, rather than screw on.

I have found some rare parts at seller tony_randazzo_308_ferrari_maserati

Although never cheaply.....still if you need a part, then you need it!

Anyway, here follows a list of internet suppliers I have found useful, mostly European based.

Mcgrathmaserati.co.uk.

They have an eBay shop too, although many more parts on direct enquiry

Rareparts.nl

Very reasonably priced and very efficient.

Partscollector.com

Very large selection for most manufacturers.

Trallifranco.it

Very reputable and run by ex factory mechanic. Extremely obliging

OKP.de

Useful for crossover Alfa parts like lights etc.

Maseratighibli.co.uk

Super site with both 'for sale' and 'wanted' sections for parts.

Ar10537.com

In Australia, but if you need Original old stock Alfa lights or door handles etc, this is great.

Candinimodena.com

Very well known and reputable Italian supplier with worldwide reputation.

Carandclassic.co.uk

This site has a search function for parts, and filters for manufacturer and model. There are some interesting parts for the Indy there. Seats and some interior for £250! But lots and lots mainly available from

Coppolaoldtimer.

They have no website, so this is where they list some stock. They were brilliant when I bought a rare Ghibli flywheel from them.

As far as interior headliner and leather is concerned. I am looking at

hvlclassleather.com

From your home country?! And also

Interniautomaieli.com

They seem to be head and shoulders above all other European (and world?) leather suppliers and trimmers. Including the resurrected Connolly in the U.K.

I hope this is of some help. You will find a great wealth of expertise in this forum from all over the world. So welcome, and good luck in your hunting!

All the very best

Mark Oliver.

4. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
  5. The Surveyor

The Surveyor Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Newcastle, England
    Full Name:
    Paul Spensley
    I've found Chris McNabb in the parts department at McGrath Maserati to be exceptionally helpful.

Always worth a chat with him direct and he goes the extra mile to search out and find rare parts.

6. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    If you find an Alfa part will fit you cant go past Chris Sweetapple at Highwood Alfa in Swansea Highwoodalfa.
    His pricing and service is unbeatable. I have imported many parts into Australia from Chris..
    Greg

7. vlasic ludovic

vlasic ludovic Karting

Apr 13, 2015
    Nice France
    Full Name:
    Vlasic ludovic
    Hello,

If you need a valve guide set, I have them totally new at the best price.

Best

Ludovic

8. TridenteFury

TridenteFury Karting

Sep 28, 2014
  9. FreitasFerrari

Aug 26, 2016
    Guys, i'am so sorry. don't know why but the chat didn't send me a email to check new messages!

thank you all for your support. i will pick up your advices and start grabbing some parts wherever i can! BTW i'am based in Portugal!

Cheers all

Francisco