broken front window 3500gt | FerrariChat

broken front window 3500gt

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 3500GT1336, Apr 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3500GT1336

3500GT1336 Rookie

Jan 2, 2017
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gerard Swaen
    About three weeks ago I discovered a crack in the front window of my 3500gt, with no apparant cause. The window was replaced by a notable window repair company. The crack in the window was on the inside, exactly at the point where one of the threaded ends of the chrome trim went through the window rubber. The expert who replaced the window had noticed this and he suspected it to be cause of the crack. In order to prevent this from happening again he had placed a small piece of hard plastic (a spacer they frequently use) over the bottom threaded ends so the window would not directly rest on one of these.
    So, any reader with a broken front or back window that has trims fixed throught the rubber with threaded ends a suggestion would be to protect the new window from directly resting on one of the threaded ends.
    By the way, the new window was just as expensive as purchasing one myself, but now the new window has a life long guarantee against production faults or placement faults and placing it was not at my own risk

Gerard

2. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Great tip. Thanks much.
    FGM