Bora - got a spare side marker light for sale? | FerrariChat

Bora - got a spare side marker light for sale?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 71Satisfaction, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Hi all,
    Today was a nice day for a drive in the Bora, clear, cool and crisp. Had a great drive in the country side and the experience was apparently so relaxing that I didn't watch myself parking it in the garage, and cracked the driver's side marker light housing off the corner of the car... plus minor paint scratches, scuffed rubber rub-strip, etc. @(&I#%@#$

So - I put a call in to MIE and they have none of the chrome plastics housings available. They are dabbling with a digital scan and 3D printing, but no production plans yet. Could be a long wait.

Otherwise, nothing comes up online for Bora or Merak.

Anyone have a spare kicking around?
    Grazie,
    - Art

2. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    While i do have a spare I believe these are the same as Fiat 124 . i bought a couple of new one from Chris Obert in Santa Cruz several years ago. You might try the Fiat parts people

3. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Molto grazie, Eugene! From my online surfing, it appears highly similar to the 1975-1978 Fiat 124 front corner marker light housings (Interestingly enough, on the Fiat 124, the fronts and rears don't interchange. The rears are shallower. So each corner has a unique parts number).

I will order in a pair of fronts and share the results here.
    Ciao,
    - Art

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't know if they are the same but I need a front as well. Have for a longggggggg time.

Whether it's left or right that I need I don't know.

Keep us posted.

Bob S.

5. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    The ones I purchased fit my Bora front just right. I still have the one I took out of the left front and it is an exact match for the new one I have

6. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    I'm still working a possible solution...

Bob or Eugene or anyone needing these marker lights, put in a request to Stuart at MIE, he was working with a supplier and may get a production run if the demand is there.

1.) At the moment MIE doesn't have any in stock. The last one I bought from them was a perfect fit at the front left corner. The only deviation from OEM appeared to be the overall depth of the housing was shallower, but this is uncertain, my Bora had a rough life and can't be sure the corner markers are OEM.

2.) I surfed Mr Fiat and looked at Fiat 124 corner marker lights. Each corner is a unique part number and geometry... which is essentially good because it gives more options.

The 124 Front vs Rear are different in the depth of the housing. Left vs Right they have different geometry for different sheetmetal slopes where they sit.

So I ordered in one part number LT-124-019, the deeper of the two, a FRONT RIGHT corner marker light for a 124 Spyder that works with the slope of the sheetmetal at the Bora's FRONT LEFT corner. This looked like it would fit when I got it, but because of the trapezoidal geometry of the housing, the deeper depth requires a larger rectangular cutout than the Bora's. The part wouldn't seat without enlarging the existing sheetmetal cut out.

3.) I've just placed an order for a RIGHT REAR marker light, part number LT-124-021, and the shallower of the two, which might work with the smaller cut out on the Bora. Hard to tell for sure, but it appears likely to also work with the slope of the Bora's sheetmetal.

The red and amber lenses fit perfectly, BTW.

I took some pics of the MIE part I destroyed, next to the Fiat 124 part - I'll share them here in a few.

More information in a week,
    - Art

7. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    #7 71Satisfaction, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    The final disposition on my Bora's side marker lights is a mixed bag and might not work for everyone.

Side marker light housings from the REAR of a Fiat 124 fit the cutouts on the front of my 1975 Bora, but...

..the cutouts are identical side to side, and for whatever reason, only a RIGHT Rear 124 side maker light (p/n LT-124-021) would fit both the left and right front cutouts of my Bora. I had to return the LEFT rear marker light, because it wouldn't fit either side's cutout - there is a slight trapezoidal shape. The wonders of hand assembly (or the result of prior bodywork on my Bora)!

These 124 marker lights are also not a concours correct solution, even if they were "sided" correctly... The Fiat 124 REARS are not as deep as the OEM Bora housings, and the Fiat 124 FRONT marker lights are too deep for the OEM Bora.

I'm happy the Bora looks good enough from 10ft for an easy $38 plus S&H.
    I did not check how they fit at the rear.

Cheers,
    - Art