Convert 4200 to Grabsport look! | FerrariChat

Convert 4200 to Grabsport look!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by F456M, Jun 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #1 F456M, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am the new owner of a 4200 GT and plan to convert it to Gransport spec on the outside, but still keep everything stock 4200/Coupe GT....

That means I need bumpers, grill, side skirts (also for the doors), rear lip on truck/boot lid and the Gransport rims.

Will when I get that have those same parts for a 4200 for sale....will keep the 4200 wheels as winter tire wheels. These are chromed or ball polished, although I prefer standard silver metallic...

Where shpuld I go to get these parts and sell what I have? Do you know of any crashed Gransports I can take parts from (undamaged)? There was one in Sweden being sold in parts really cheap but that was before my Maserati abstinences kicked in..

Thanks for all help.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    M-a-s-e-r-a-t-I-l-I-f-e is (or at least was a good forum).

Best of luck

3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks!!

4. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Looks like you already have a custom front grille.

I can understand the desire for the subtle differences on the front and rear, but I think the surfboard side sills look a little goofy. All in all, I personally wouldn't bother with converting any parts, mainly due to the small difference in appearance vs. big cost. Spend the money on performance upgrades instead, and make sure you keep a fair amount allocated to maintenance & repairs.

Lastly, don't listen to anything I say. What do I know?

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #5 F456M, Jun 20, 2017
    Words of visdom for sure.. The grill is origibal, but has an unoriginal inner chrome thing added to it which reduces air flow and looks rather ugly, so that is going out asap. Just nedd time to do it!! It is like you say, the front and rear which is the most important changes. By adding the surfboards it looks completely like a GS, while it is a 4200... Maybe the 2005-2006 facelift-non-Gransport is a better choise.

I like this though.........

6. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The Grabsport sounds like a car Trump would love! ;)

All kidding aside, I agree with the general sentiment of performance over looks, but these cars are about both. You can't ignore aesthetics. Just like women, the sight of them alone gets our blood pumping. To me, the bespoke GS wheels are a big improvement in looks and worth the cost. I like the surfboards, and they might even be functional (like the splitter and diffuser). To me they complete the lines on the car, whereas the Coupe to me looks gaunt, like it's missing something. The rear wing is less noticeable, but does complete the look (likely not so functional).

But it's up to your personal tastes.

Performance wise, DBW + secondary cat delete + high airflow filter = magic.

7. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks! I agree with you. The car has no rear silencers, and has GREAT sound. I don't want it to be louder...

8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #8 F456M, Jun 26, 2017
    I have fallen in love with this car already. The sound is insane. Perfect in every wa. From the exhaust to the woop of the intake manifold to the sound it makes when starting to moce (engine revs to 1.200 rpm. before the clutch engage.. Sounds really aggressive. The interior is like new. Everything works (rather seldom in a Maserati... :)

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #9 F456M, Jun 26, 2017
  10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #10 F456M, Jun 26, 2017
    I am looking for a golden clock for it. Where can I get that? I know when these cars were new, you could have three different finishes on the clock rim.

11. 4200GT

4200GT Rookie

Aug 10, 2017
    Mary Esther, FL
    Full Name:
    Marcos
    #11 4200GT, Aug 10, 2017
    Absolutely beautiful car. But I must correct you. You own a CC not a GT. A GT has a 6speed true manual gearbox. That doesn't take away from the car but wanted to make sure you knew what you owned. Here is my GT... looking forward to your GranSport conversion.

F456M likes this.