Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA) - Sponsored by Competizione

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

I will be there as a spectator for this great cause, live two hours away is there parking near by that would not cause problems for others?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Chris B
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMCR12 View Post
I will be there as a spectator for this great cause, live two hours away is there parking near by that would not cause problems for others?
I'm also coming as a spectator(probably would have had something to display, but I didn't win the Mega Millions a few weeks ago ) and they have plenty of parking onsite. I was there last year too as a spectator, and we had no trouble finding a spot. Plus the parking lot was almost a car show in itself, with cars including a Porsche Cayman R and Boxster Spyder, a few M3s and a Quattroporte.

In addition, I was wondering if the F40 that was there last year will be coming again? Seeing that the 959 will be there, it would be great to see it alongside of its rival.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Ken Visser
don't forget

Don't forget that this event takes place on the grounds of the AACA museum. The museum is worth the trip by itself, throw in a whole bunch of exotics and a great charity to boot, you have a huge winner. Parking is real easy and starts about 52 feet from the show field, so not a problem.

regards

ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg critters11 221 spyker lr.jpg (110.6 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg critters11 the showfield lr.jpg (75.5 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg critters11 266 ferrari f40 lr.jpg (92.1 KB, 308 views)
Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMCR12 View Post
Dude I'm sure you can ride with one of the VA/MD crew, that way you don't have to worry about parking. I'd offer you a ride but my mom's going to be riding passenger in my car.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom Clark
As of yesterday, we have 110 cars registered to attend, a healthy 30% increase over last years registration numbers at this time. Also, this year we have some really cool items that we will hold raffles for. Additionally, we will have voting for "People's Choice" awards where the cars are judged by the attendees and owners alike.

I realize that it's still 9 days away, but the extended forecast says 78 degrees and sunny! We are all very enthused by the response from registrants and sponsors alike. Thanks to all of you that are helping us out with this very worthy charity.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Kurt
any idea how long the show will go? my buddy has a police test in Bethlehem from 8-10am and we would be driving out right after that.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

no problem

The show starts to breakup in the afternoon. You should get there in plenty of time. There will be so much to see. Don't forget to check out the museum!

regards

ken
Old 04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
Dude I'm sure you can ride with one of the VA/MD crew, that way you don't have to worry about parking. I'd offer you a ride but my mom's going to be riding passenger in my car.
Well if anything comes up let me know, But i will probably be taking a friend with me so it's prolly best if i take my car. But keep me posted tho
Old 04-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Heard we are looking at 120 cars or so! That is amazing! I can't wait, just hoping for good weather.

Make sure to let your friends know as well. Does anyone know if you get admission to the AACA Museum?

See y'all there.

ken
Old 04-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvisser View Post
Heard we are looking at 120 cars or so! That is amazing! I can't wait, just hoping for good weather.

Make sure to let your friends know as well. Does anyone know if you get admission to the AACA Museum?

See y'all there.

ken
Yes... From the Registration page:

Your $20 donation ($25 after April 1) includes the following:
• One car entry into the show
• Entry into the “Owners Tent” with complimentary breakfast items
• One entrance ticket to the Antique Auto Museum

- Bringing a Guest with you? Don't forget to register your guests! Your $15 guest registration donation includes their entry to the owners tent/complimentary breakfast and a ticket to the museum!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Bonus!

That is a real bonus for any car nut. The AACA museum is filled with way cool car stuff. I spent 2 days shooting the museum for Automobile Quarterly. Definitely check it out while you are there.

regards

ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaca classics 015 lr.jpg (91.8 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg aaca museum 003 lr.jpg (49.0 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg aaca museum 140 lr.jpg (72.4 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg aaca sports cars 0080 lr.jpg (111.9 KB, 191 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
My Garage
Tom sent you a pm.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom Clark
***120 CARS ARE REGISTERED*** Thank you gentlemen for helping us out!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

question

I just sent a note out to Dr Simeone to see if there was any interest on such short notice, to participate in the show. I figure its a close venue and a good group of sports car folks that would fit right into his demographic. Isn't there someone active here at Ferrari Chat that volunteers at the Simeone museum?

regards

ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rhc11 0838 fred trophy mercedes lr.jpg (126.2 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg rhc11 awards 0063 lr.jpg (124.5 KB, 115 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Scott
Looks like we may get this in after all. Saturday was looking to be a bit rainy, but now the weather forecast has showers holding off until evening. Let's hope!

Looking forward to th is.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
Looks like we may get this in after all. Saturday was looking to be a bit rainy, but now the weather forecast has showers holding off until evening. Let's hope!

Looking forward to th is.
UGH. Accuweather is now indicating rain intermittently all day.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Yep, just looked again, and now 50% chance of showers all day. This forecast keeps changing every few hours.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
UGH. Accuweather is now indicating rain intermittently all day.
So what, the car gets wet when you wash it too. Maybe these photos should put everything into perspective. These cars are from some of the most significant collections in the world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0601.jpg (46.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 4F4U9423 R.jpg (36.1 KB, 85 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Weather.com app says 30% chance of rain in the morning then 60% in the evening, hopefully we'll have a better idea of things tomorrow
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiancars View Post
So what, the car gets wet when you wash it too. Maybe these photos should put everything into perspective. These cars are from some of the most significant collections in the world.
I wish it were that simple. I had the engine in my Testarossa completely detailed when the engine was sitting on a bench next to the car. Thanks to some brilliant engineering, there are louvers on top of the engine. If it rains, most of that water will conspire to make a mess of the engine compartment, thereby undoing a wonderful detailing job. Furthermore, I have slats that are extremely difficult to thoroughly clean once they get dirt deep inside of them.

I will be attending either way, but my Ferrari's appearance, as always, is weather dependent. If I had a more modern Ferrari or even an older Front engined car, this would be a no brainer, but as it stands, things are a bit tricky.