It's Snowing Again!? | FerrariChat

It's Snowing Again!?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dlbutler, Feb 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #1 dlbutler, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    You've heard of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), well there is a new Winter disorder called SOD (Snow Offended Disorder). Characterized by excessive irritation with any mention or reference to snow. In extreme cases the sufferer, when seeing snow falling, will dress in Bermuda shorts, a Hawaiian shirt and flip-flops and will then run outside shouting "SOD OFF" at the snow.

2. Ross_L

Ross_L Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    To cope, I started my Scud up and drove it around the block before the snow on Sunday :(

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#3 dm_n_stuff, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just finished clearing the snow off the cars and snow-blowing (if that's a verb) the driveway and walks.

Right here, right now, its turning to rain/snow/SNOW causing a fine film of ice to form then a blast of snow then it tapers off and starts over.

This is a messy one, but at least for now, the snow if fluffy, making it easy to move and not so hard on trees and electric lines.

I AM REALLY STARTING TO HATE IT HERE!!!

This is where I want to be.

D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dave and Don, I hear ya! I'm having car withdrawal! Yet another day of working from home, and trying to keep shoveling out. All while trying to pack for my move at the end of next week. C'mon spring!

5. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Dave, it's obvious that you have an advanced case of SOD. Try sitting in a dimly lit room while sipping a drink with a little umbrella. :D

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    We have roughly 12" here in Fairfax, at work today.

Run a bunch of accidents. Its amazing how many stupid people there are in the world. "I'm gonna get in my rear wheel drive Mercedes and go out in the snow!", DUH!!!? People!

Be safe everyone.

7. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But RWD in the snow is about as much fun as you can have. :D

I'm sure you guys will keep busy today, stay safe!

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

But but but, don't my all season tires and traction control take care of that? :D

Mercedes and Prius drivers, scourge of the universe. :D :D :D

9. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Dave thanks for this. I am counting the days and hope the warmer weather comes real soon

10. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Shall we have a SOD OFF C&C where we all show up in Bermuda shorts, Hawaiian shirts and flip flops? Would make a great pic!

I too am supremely frustrated. Haven't had the 575 out since mid-December! Can't wait for Spring!

11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The sad/funny thing was, the other driver was not insured!! OOOPPPSSS!!! ;)

12. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #12 turbos7903, Feb 13, 2014
  13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Ugh...had to go to work today of course (hospital) as we are never expected to call in for weather purposes. Recently got back from FL less than two weeks ago and was on the beach at Cape Canaveral soaking in the sun at 80 degrees ambient air (72'F water was cold as crap).

Now I'm getting depressed. 10" inches of snow on my car this morning up in Ellicott City at 5AM. Took almost 2 hours to get into DC. Terrible road conditions at that time. 95 was a mess...495 was worse. Silver Spring was a **** show as well. Suprisingly Georgia Ave was better than it is on normal days. :)

I was driving my econobox fwd Elantra on all season tires. I plowed through a snow hill/mound to get onto the I-95 S on-ramp as I almost missed it and didn't notice til late. Had to countersteer a couple times when it got a little tricky, but not too bad. Probably helped the car is light and rides on top of the white stuff. ;) Now it's snowing yet again tonight. :(

14. sperry

sperry Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    I took a cab back from BWI airport late Wednesday night and the DC portion was a dream. All the main thoroughfares had no parked cars and little traffic. Imagine, Massachusetts Avenue with no traffic and no bottlenecks :)

15. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Another "drive your rallycar to work day". Not complaining.

16. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #16 jgoodman, Feb 15, 2014
  17. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    ...it's not the snow that is concerning me (just picked up the wife's new Volvo V60...t5, not the t6...still a flipping blast with the AWD)...and my daily is a 2004 AWD manual trans X-type...awesome fun in the snow...

IT'S THE FLIPPING POT HOLES!!!

Holy sh*t, there are some already forming that would swallow the Elise.

How long till those are fixed is my question...cause when it gets back to driving weather the roads would remain hazardous...or a slalom course for little cars... :) ...find the good, I guess...

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

had to cut a path in the back yard with the snowblower for the dog.

This is just ****ing ridiculous, now I'm gonna check to see if my township is ever gonna pick up trash again. Missed the last two weeks, it's getting pretty deep in the garage.

D

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#19 dm_n_stuff, Feb 16, 2014
  20. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Agreed, the potholes are horrendous. The stretch of Lancaster Avenue from Paoli to Devon where I work is really bad. As is 202 near C&C.

21. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Hang in there Dave. Keep listening. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlvYpJ5pRo&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9AI2FH1pRKMt01VCXzeZgL1]Don Ho - My Little Grass Shack - Hawaiian War Chant - YouTube[/ame]

22. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
  23. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    It's snowing again! I'm now even tired of complaining about the weather. :(

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#24 dm_n_stuff, Mar 3, 2014
    well, another snow non trash day.

The **** is piling up in my garage, it's just gettin' stooped.

I am gonna listen to Hawaiian music all day.

D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    We're okay on trash, but we're going to have to start bagging recycles now. Missed them last week and now ever bin is full and they ain't comin' today.

Pretty out there. Fine snow this time, haven't been out in it but probably very powdery. Definitely no point in trying to shovel until it's over. Will just drift.