Fchat Does Golf IV | FerrariChat

Fchat Does Golf IV

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Piper, Feb 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    All, Welcome to Fchat Does Golf IV. This year's tournament will be held on June 10th, the day before the FCA national event begins right next door. The venue remains the River Creek Club, where it happens to also be member guest week at the time, so the course should be immaculate. The event will again be all inclusive, range, greens, carts, box lunch, heavy hors d'oeuvres following. Rental bags will be available, and with a little notice, we will try to get you a rental set that matches you well. The format will remain TBD until we see how many players are attending this year and whether we're able to collect handicaps from everyone, but will likely be some sort of scramble. Tee times will begin at 11AM, and we will likely rally offsite again at our local Cars & Coffee location and parade onto the lawn. I really do love driving on my clubhouse lawn once a year.

Of course the date being the day prior to the start of the national event is no accident. The River Creek Club is right in the middle of all the FCA National Event action this year, being immediately next to Lansdowne where many FCA attendees will be staying. We're looking forward to meeting new players from near and far. It's going to be a great week. Let's kick it off with a round of golf and a toast to Ferrarichat.

So who will be taking home the trophies this year, names immortalized on the master Fchat Does Golf Trophy???

:)

I'll post updates and pictures as the date approaches. Mark your calendars and we'll see you in June.

2. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Sounds like fun. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am scheduled to be in Italy that week.

3. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sounds great Bob. Always a lot of fun getting together with everyone for a day out on the golf course.

4. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Why do you always have to have it in NoVA? You got something against Nobama? ;)

5. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Golf in Alabama in June. Yeah, that sounds like fun ;) Ain't you tired and ready to move back yet? The 40lbs of pulled pork I got from you before you left ran out a while ago. Don't be shy if you come back visiting. Love to see you.

6. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I may be up there in a month or so. Will ping you.

7. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    Count me in I had a blast last year

8. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #8 Piper, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Trophies look great!
    I'm gonna be in Chicago so I 'm missing not only Fchat golf.. but also the FCA event..

I'm not super happy about that.. :(

Have fun guys!

10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You'll be missed, Dave. Have a great trip.

11. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #11 Piper, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. f1fanforlife

f1fanforlife Karting

Nov 20, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year. June is just too busy and I can't get away from work. I will be returning from the Canadian Grand Prix on the Monday so taking off the Tuesday as well is pushing it. I will really miss this as I have played in all of them since they began and we always had a lot of fun.

13. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That sucks, Kev. Sorry to hear. I'm not getting any new RSVP's either, and Rob and his son are out as well, again. They didn't play last year either. I'm really surprised I can't generate more interest. I'd really like to see it successful. I thought for sure with the national meet here the very next day, we'd get some out of towners. This started off just me blowing my free guest passes on friends so I really shouldn't stress it, but I do wish it would grow.

14. f1fanforlife

f1fanforlife Karting

Nov 20, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am really surprised as well Bob. I have the word out and will keep promoting it for you. It really is a fun event and it would be great to see it grow into something special.

15. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Sux when work gets in the way....

Mobilized reply by Dahveedem

16. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm about ready to postpone to the fall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

17. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Not to add further to the difficulties (and not claiming to be any kind of key person), but I am also unlikely to be able to make it due to other obligations (work).

18. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    I'll be back on the 13th... Doing the FCA road rally in the am.

Mobilized reply by Dahveedem

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Okay, postponing indefinitely. If you guys want to start tossing around ideas in the Sept timeframe, I'm all ears to get it scheduled in the Fall.

20. f1fanforlife

f1fanforlife Karting

Nov 20, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am definitely good for September.

21. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Bob,

Try this.. Easy scheduling | Doodle

Pick some dates in September... then let us all chime in when we can make it. The days with the most checks wins. It might make it a heck of a lot easier for you from a scheduling standpoint too..

David

22. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Good idea, Dave. I usually do ask for input but this looks better. I didn't take the pulse of the community this time because The FCA national event starts next door on the 11th, and the 10th here is the practice day for our member-guest, so the course is going to be absolutely perfect. So I didn't ask anyone at all, just decided this date was too good to pass up. Alas.