4th Annual Castaway Critters Car Show | FerrariChat

4th Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by tclark, Feb 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Well guys and gals, it's time to put this ruthless winter behind us and set our sights on Spring. Please help us help those who have absolutely no chance of helping themselves, the homeless and abandoned animals of "Castaway Critters". We have been very fortunate the past few years with this fund raising effort. Soooo many exotic car enthusiasts that also have a passion for animals have come to Hershey, PA to support our cause.

Previous participants have already received an email with all of the specifics. For newcomers, please visit the show website here: Cool Cars for Cats and Canines - Exotic Car Show - Home You will find all of the registration information, show details and tons of pictures from previous years. Register early to assure you get in on the free T-shirt offer.

Folks, this is an awesome show for an awesome cause. We really hope we can count on your support again this year.

April 26th will be here before you know it. Thank you for your consideration.

Tom Clark

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This is an awesome cause and my law firm looks forward to being a sponsor again this year. I would encourage other business owners to do the same. I can't wait for the show. Hopefully my mgb will be ready and I can enter it with the TR this year. Together maybe I can beat Jay's damn Countach!!!

3. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Entry sent. I hope it stops snowing by then. :)

4. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott

Tom, as you know, I have been signed up for a while now. Since I had to miss last year, I am really looking forward to this year!

Scott

5. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Tom,

Always an honor being a part of this amazing show. Signing up and thanks for doing what you do!!

Joe Mac

6. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    I just heard 4-6" for Monday. This freakin' winter is so old.

That's terrific news Joe. We really appreciate the support your firm has given us in the past. The MGB + the TR still might not beat Jay. If you have a little white dog in the MGB you may increase your chances.

Thanks Scott, glad you're back in. Hopefully without a repeat of last year.
    Scott

That's fantastic. The new 16M I hope?

7. M138

M138 Karting

Sep 21, 2010
    York
    Full Name:
    Bob D
    6-10 on accuweather

8. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    April 26 is also the day for the FCA MAR Virginia Historic Plantation Tour. Drat!

9. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Ha ha!!!

10. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #10 dlbutler, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    MGBs are British. Joe needs a proper British dog that eats little white fluffy dogs. :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. JWheel

JWheel Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Phoenixville, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon Wheel
    Should be able to get some of Penn State's exotics to swing by for the cause. It would be about time that they could use their cars for something better than just showing off to their peers.

12. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    #12 mtmd11, Mar 2, 2014
    Can't wait.

I will be having Breakfast In The Garage v3.0 on the morning of the Castaway Critters show.

More info and a FB Event page to come in early March.

Probably meet at my place in York, PA around 0715 for eggs, bacon, potatoes, bagels, pastries, coffee, juice, and more bacon.
    Head out around 0830 to get to the AACA Museum around 0915 for the show start of 1000.

Pic: Castaway Critters 2013
    Pic: SCoSS 2013

13. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Tom,

You know we are in for supporting the show. 4th year in and growing larger with every year. lets all hope the weather holds as proves as a great kick-off to the season.

David

14. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Maggie and I are so excited for this event. Maggie in particular is hoping other dogs show up for her to sniff! Please everyone bring your cars, kids and dogs. I love this car show!

15. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Tom- I'm in

16. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    See you fellows there ...

17. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    #17 mtmd11, Mar 25, 2014
  18. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I just registered for this event. Looking forward to it.

With any luck, I will be part of a small contingent (3-4) of Ferrari Mondial's driving up from Northern Virginia to this event.

Bill P.

19. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have one question; If I follow Bill up there at the crack of dawn 3 hrs each way, is there going to be some really awesome bratwurst, jambalaya, or other tasty fair food that my wife wouldn't approve of? If so, I'm probably in. Won't RSVP until the last minute though. Not sure what's going on with the soccer camps and such.

20. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Bob, you're more than welcome to caravan with us up to the event. Although we may be leaving at the crack of dawn, I doubt we'll make it to the B.I.T.G. v3.0 (although that looks awfully fun) :), I think we're just hoping to make it in time for the breakfast in the main tent at the event. According to the Event's webpage, I think they said they will have food vendors there as well.

Let me know if you'd like to join the caravan and I'll fill you in on the details (once we get them finalized).

Bill P.

21. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Troeg's Brewery has excellent food and is only 3 min away if you want to break away for lunch.

22. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    This show has always been one of my favorites. Great cars and a great cause. My question is there a developing attending list anywhere yet? You know how us photographers can be with knowing what cars will be there :D
    Thanks Tom,
    Jared

23. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Sometimes surprise is the best part, like Christmas morning. :)

24. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Just read about the show and registered our 308GTSi..... See everyone there looking forward to meeting new enthusiasts..... Cheers!

25. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    Just two and a half weeks until the Castaway Critters Show in Hershey.

AND... Breakfast In The Garage v3.0.

Come to the FB page and sign up if you are want to stop by for free breakfast, great cars, and a nice caravan up to Hershey.

https://www.facebook.com/events/232350126971773/?ref=22