WestChester C&C to Simeone | FerrariChat

WestChester C&C to Simeone

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rcraig, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I wanted to let you guys know that Dr Simeone and the Simeone Foundation has extended a hand to the locals and the F-Chat crew. I know there is another thread, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this. I am doing a story on their Demo Day this Saturday and when I mentioned that a crew from the local C&C and F-Chat were coming up they offered for the first 30 exotics from the group they would provide special reserved VIP parking .

The demo is going to be epic with amazing Ferrari's. The museum's 250 GTO, 1957 Testa Rossa, 1954 375 MM, a 250 LM and Monza from a great collection and a competition Daytona.
    Rarely will you see , hear, and smell a group of Ferrari's finest driven, and then have the opportunity to hear their story by one of the top automotive historians and enthusiasts in the world, Dr Fred Simeone.
    We don't know how lucky we are to have this amazing museum and the man who assembled it right down the road. The museum is a bargain and you can wander the day away looking close-up at one of the top collections of significant race cars on the planet.
    If you want to participate in the special parking make sure I have you down as space is limited.

2. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Thanks Bob! I'm in, as per my reply on the other thread as well. Looking forward to this! Hopefully we can get a crew together to go represent!

3. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Bob and Dennis, please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I have never been to the Simeon Museum. I understand that secure parking will be provided. However, what about the roads to the museum?

4. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    The museum is about 4-5 minutes past Phila Airport on 95 N. There are a couple roads with bad potholes, but just drive cautiously and you'll be fine.

5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    How long does the demonstration typically last?

6. LOLAF1RACER

LOLAF1RACER Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks Bob , please count me in with the scud ! Should be fun .

7. frank125

frank125 Rookie

Apr 10, 2014
  8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Alex, I'm not sure for this one. There will be probably 6 cars, which is more than normal and then Dr Simeone will talk about them and their significance. And the entrance includes the museum so I don't think I've ever left the museum in less than a few hours.

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Andrew. That's great . I wanted to catch up with you anyway.

10. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    I plan on making the drive up. What time do you think we will leave C&C?

11. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I will already be up at Simeone and won't make C&C because I'm shooting some prep stuff with them, but I would think the crowd for this will be pretty big judging from the attendance of other demo days. When you come up they will be looking for the guys from C&C or FChat to park you in a special area. They have room for 30 exotics and so far only 6 or 7 have confirmed so if someone at C&C will pass the word there it would be great. It's gonna be a great day and I know how plans go early in the spring like this so I hope to see you guys up there.

12. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

thanks for providing this opportunity Bob. Count me in please. I'll head down with the C&C crew. I cannot believe I have never been to Dr Simeone's museum...

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Looks like I will make the tour to Simeone! My Lotus project has taken priority but I am now confident I am on schedule to finish this weekend. See you all at cars and coffee. Thanks for arranging the invite and the parking Bob. Jon in Delaware

14. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    We are likely going. Need to find out the time.

15. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
  16. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region

Awesome! Thanks!

By the way, saw the pack coming down Rt1 towards the blue route...quite an impressive sight! :)

17. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for documenting Alex. Wish I could have gone. Wow!

18. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    BTW- Yes I already know there are variations in the color of GTO. I was experimenting on the shots in the shade.

19. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    Wow...gorgeous...almost felt guilty looking at something that like that on the internet with the kids in the next room. :)

20. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Outstanding pics Bob. Absolutely gorgeous machines.

21. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
  22. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig