Help: Legal Action Against Area Mechanic | FerrariChat

Help: Legal Action Against Area Mechanic

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by John Cocktoasten, Jul 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Cocktoasten

BANNED

Jul 15, 2014
    Hello FerrariChat.

Needless to say, I need to sue my mechanic but I've never done such a thing before. If anyone could give me some pointers (privately) or leads I would appreciate it. The amount is larger than what small claims allows so that route is not an option.

Ciao!

John.

2. John Cocktoasten

BANNED

Jul 15, 2014
    PS it's not Competizione, of course!

3. John Cocktoasten

BANNED

Jul 15, 2014
    I live in Virginia, by the way.

4. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    You joined FChat today just to ask this? Hire a lawyer.

5. John Cocktoasten

BANNED

Jul 15, 2014
    I fail to see what difference it makes? Everyone needs a first posit. Anyway, I am trying to hire a layer. Did you read my post? I'm hoping to try to find someone in the community. Someone that has experience with this. Thanks for your helpful reply.

6. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    If you could share some details. Car, agreed upon work, fault found,etc... You might get some support.

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I like this phrase.

Not only is a lawsuit a "need" instead of a "want", it's downright needless to say it.

:)

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

This.

Take 5 minutes or expect replies like the former. We hear **** like this all the time and have become desensitized. Often times just a witch hunt. Prove to us you are different and you will get loads of advice.

9. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Of course you can do this with or without using the name of the shop - your choice. But be ready with some details - reason for work needed, work promised vs work delivered, why you feel wronged, attempts to rectify, etc.

As noted, with a well thought out and presented request for info/advice, you will get proper responses/advice.

CC

10. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    FWIW,
    The only thing the OP did was inquire as to whether there were any attorneys or legal experts on the site who could help him with a potential suit against a mechanic. It was an innocent question and it would seem logical that a forum such as this would be the appropriate place to post such a question.

Depending on what type of issue he is facing, a regular attorney yanked out of the phone book will not be of much use, so just telling him to "hire an attorney" is not very helpful.

I don't see this as an attempt to bait or smear anyone as he deliberately did not name the shop or even whether it involves an exotic car at all.

FWIW, I do not practice in Virginia, but as an attorney who represents dealers/mechanics and individuals in automobile related litigation, as a general matter I would discourage anyone with a bonafide legal claim from mentioning the dealer or anything else related to a potential claim on a public forum unless or until he has contacted appropriate counsel.

He has done the smart thing by asking that anyone who could offer him guidance contact him via PM.

11. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I'm just laughing at the username... love the Fletch reference!

12. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    +1!

I was going to call him out on it, but then I thought….what if it's his real name!

13. John Cocktoasten

BANNED

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks for the backup, Joe. I sincerely appreciate it.

I think our fellow forum members are just frustrated and titillated by my post and feel cheated out of the details,much like a "blind item" in a tabloid. I doubt any of these same posters would lay out the points of their pending lawsuit for every punter with a Ferrari to critique.

Yes, the name is fake. ;) In fact, I've been a mid-Atlantic member for a very long time. Longer than anyone else in this thread, in fact. I am one of you! I created this account so that I could be anonymous.

Any help is appreciated!

John.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    An anonymous account is OK, but a duplicate account by an existing user is not. You will have to find some other way to get your goals accomplished.

This account is permabanned.

15. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Just curious, why does FerrariChat care if an existing user has a duplicate account? Not trying to be argumentative, I just don't understand....

Thanks,

gp

16. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nefarious purposes? Seems to me, if I have need of assistance or advice in this forum, I would ask it under my own name.

17. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    It's a pretty common rule on forums and chat sites. Allowing multiple names is a slippery slope and helps trolling, fraud, and general bad behavior. While a single comment may not seem bad, it's just good policy for the community.

18. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Yep, got it now, thanks!

gp