I'am new in town (Philly) | FerrariChat

I'am new in town (Philly)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BLACK HORSE, Jul 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hello PA f-chatters,

I'am new in town attending a seminar at Marriott next to the Philly airport and since this is my first visit to PA can anyone recommend a good place to eat / happy hour near my location or downtown area? I'am heading back to California on Thursday and may never get another opportunity to return back to PA. You can PM me with suggestions.

rob

2. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Grab a cheese steak (with a side order of Lipitor) and head for the Simione museum which is right by the airport.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Pat's or Gino's cheesesteaks are a must, plus Sineone museum, as others suggested...T

4. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jim's Steaks on South Street. Best Cheesesteak in Philly.

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    At the Philly airport you can catch the train into center city. You can see sooooo much. The Hell with the cheesesteak. Philly has some of the finest food in the country. Plus all the historical attractions. Walking the old city area is a trip back in time. Geez I hate that people visiting Philly get a cheesesteak and think that's our signature food. Jon in Delaware

6. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Of course you're correct, Jon. The cheese steak part was a bit facetious (personally, I prefer a Bobbie from Capriotti's) . The point I was trying to get across was: don't waste time on fine dining if you're a gear-head and haven't been to the Simione - it's that important .

7. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    I'll echo the Simeone Museum as a must-see. On short notice and without a reservation at this point, I think Osteria on Broad street is a great place for a meal if one can't get into Vetri. Mark Vetri's good, at any price point, is pretty impressive. Zahav in old city and Matyson (byob) in Rittenhouse are great choices as well.

8. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Barclay prime or Parc in Rittenhiuse square are excellent choices. What time are you flying out tomorrow?

9. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well Jon perception is reality. Everyone in the country thinks cheesesteak when they think of Philly. Like it or not most people visiting will want one.

10. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    praise The Lord and pass the cheesesteak. Jon

11. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks everyone for their kind response back and yes had great time touring downtown Philly yesterday. Viewed some great landmarks including Rocky's bronze statute.

12. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Please come back for a second visit!