Chesapeake City | FerrariChat

Chesapeake City

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Cobraownr, Jul 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I'm looking for easy out-and-back day trips from Annapolis. I had heard that Chesapeake City, on the C&D Canal, has a nice Victorian district, but when I cruised through there a few years ago, I didn't see much. Did I miss something, or there just isn't much to see? Thanks for the help. DON S.

2. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Beautiful town, and a very nice car show there on 8/23, you need to pre-register, my buddy and I went last year, and are going again this year.

A couple very nice waterfront restaurants, definitely worth the trip.

3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Born there Don. Not a huge amount to do. There are a few typical small town tourist stores. A few very nice restaurants. Chesapeake Inn is a great one. Bayard house is fancier but good food.
    Other than restaurants and shopping for stuff you don't need nothing to do. North East is the same way.
    Havre de Grace on north side of Susquehanna is more to do, great restaurants. It's where we stop lots after rally's . Really good Italian restaurant. Chipparellis . One cool thing if it's not dead air and super hot is a sail on old skip jack to light houses etc.
    I'm sure you're familiar with Chestertown. They have a huge wildfowl festival every year.
    If you go a little north into De area there is Longwood Gardens, Hagley Museum, Winterthur and Nemours gardens. They are all amazing if you like that kind of stuff. ( Old crap owned by mega-rich people.

Give me a call if you want more info.

Bob

4. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Appreciate the suggestions, Bob. The DuPont estates are spectacular. I did the three of them a few years ago and revisited Winterthur last month. We need to schedule a shoot, BTW. Your shots of Lee's Daytona are great.