West Chester Cars & Coffee HEADS UP | FerrariChat

West Chester Cars & Coffee HEADS UP

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Pearlcoupeg35, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Taken from the Facebook Page :)

Cars & Coffee: West Chester, PA Edition

HEADS UP EVERYONE:

Moving forward and starting with this coming week 8/16/14 lets leave space along the far side of the lot next to "EyeMax", "Currie", etc for patrons to park next to those stores. Not the whole row but a few spots along that side for people actually coming to do business there on a Saturday morning. That still leaves us the ENTIRE lot to do as we please. As a courtesy to these shopkeepers I think this would be a nice gesture --- and if someone who doesn't see this parks there just kindly ask them to relocate

Thanks a lot,

Old School Cars & Coffee Guys

2. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    As I replied on FB, this is an excellent idea Jon.

3. Pearlcoupeg35

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks Scott! Cars and Coffee is a special thing for all of us and has been for over 7 years - hate to see it get ruined by its growth/lack of respect for the area. I am not pointing any fingers here AT ALL but lets us (the old schoolers) take the lead and patrol a little bit here and there to show the newbies/youngsters how its done :)

4. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well said. I've been a member of our little group for about 4 years now, so I guess that makes me a "middle-schooler"! However, when I (and several others) noticed the vendor booth on Saturday, combined with the fact that there was no parking for patrons, we got very concerned. We could be asked to leave right quick. I use this shopping center for other reasons (I only live 3 miles away) so I also have a vested interest as a patron of the stores here (Giant, PJs, Starbuck, Saladworks, all of which I shop in) as well as a C&C participant.

I have already spoken to people in the past about no burnouts and racing out of the parking lot. Geez....I feel like my Dad!!

5. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I have never heard of this cars and coffee thing. Where do you meet and do I have o have a Ferrari to be a part of the show?

6. agentf1

agentf1 Formula Junior

May 7, 2004
    Longwood Fl.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I agree, we need to be more respectful to the merchants or we will be looking for a new location.

A few suggestions below.

1.) NO vendor tests.
    2.) Do NOT park in the 15 min parking only spots.
    3.) Do NOT park in the handicapped spots, unless you have a placard.
    4.) Leave a few buffer type parking spots for customers of the shops.
    5.) No excessive revving of your engine, we know your new exhaust sounds awesome.
    6.) NO BURNOUTS!
    7.) We need to do our own police work and tell others that are not on FC to be courteous.

We only have a few more weeks of summer and the crowds should start thinning out on their own. Lets not screw up a good thing. C&C is an excuse to get my car out and drive it and an opportunity to chat with like minded people that share the same interest. It would be a travesty to ruin this. My wife would have me working in the garden if I had no C&C to go to.

7. Pearlcoupeg35

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You would love it. Speak to Joe Zaff for our new member welcome kit :)

AMEN!!!

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I for one will be parking behind Starbucks. This opportunity afforded by the shopping center whether consciously or by default has been the genesis of many permanent long term friendships. I don't want the future of this venue to effect in any way a new Person from having the same experience. Jon in Delaware

9. Daytona BeauTTy

Daytona BeauTTy Karting

Feb 20, 2012
    Kennett Square, PA
    Full Name:
    Michael Abens
    Well said. I'll be heading behind Starbucks too. That area is large and should be the new focal point as it is most distant from the merchants and their potential customers.

10. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Lately, with time I've been arriving, I've been behind Starbucks by default!

Jon, you are correct, it's really about the people, and good friends, not the cars.

11. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Wow, if you're a middle schooler, I guess that means I'm still in Pampers (of course in a few more years it may be time for Depends, but let's not go there...)

12. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    What is this welcome kit you speak of........I sent in my initiation fee, but haven't received anything as of yet.

13. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    All good suggestions. It's certainly getting a bit out of control, and not just the size. Besides the noise makers and speeders, we now have venders showing up. Some of the merchants must be saying, "Who do these people think they are? Do they think they own this place?". I'm surprised we haven't already been asked to leave.

I've also made some great friends over the years at WC C&C. The last thing I'd want is for it to end. Sure, we can find a new location, but we've already got a good one.

14. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

still waiting here too Kevin. Not great hospitality or customer service

15. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Please allow 7-8 years for processing and shipping...

16. EvoM3

EvoM3 Rookie

Aug 19, 2007
    Alex, you're kidding but...7-8 years is what it took me to get a parking permit in a Westchester, NY commuter rail parking lot years ago. Had to use lots of quarters while waiting (15mins per quarter x 12hr workday).

Wait, you are kidding, right???

17. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And don't forget the midnight initiation ritual......

18. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    #18 nickd, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    that is why i left for texas !! :):(

19. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #19 dlbutler, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Haha, yes...I can't speak for your parking pass though!

21. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #21 Alxlee, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well, yes, as long as we even purchase a cup of coffee, we are customers. And since I shop at that Giant sometimes, and also eat at PJs, I'm still a customer

It was nice of the Starbucks crew to welcome us. I was at a show today, so had to miss.

23. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    A gentleman representing the center approached a group of us yesterday. Asked that we leave some spots for the customers...mentioned the eye zone specifically. One guy started shaking his empty Starbucks at him...I then stepped in...said the issue was addressed earlier this week and we collectively will attempt to leave spots open and that we were very appreciative of the opportunity. Simply, the event has gone viral.

Writer's embellishment:

I then asked the guy to walk with me. Said we realize what this natural attraction does for the center and "asked" that he speaks with the merchants. We are simple, humble men who love cars, yet we have been approached by a prominent alternative site to bring the gathering to them.

This site has offered free bagels, coffee and all the natural fertilizer a gardener can ask for (he didn't realize petrol heads also like to garden - must be a control thing). It's business, not personal. I said if he had any questions that he reach out to our legal counsel - Ahmad, Zaffarese and Smyler, LLC, and that by Sept 13, 8:30 am if we are not shown the appropriate level of appreciation we will vacate like a Blockbuster Video store.

I think he took the message.

:)

24. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you. As long as we are respectful and continue to shop at these merchants, I think we'll be OK. We just need let some of the noobies (in a nice way) know the "rules" and what is expected of them.

25. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    This is an important time in the history of c and c. We must show respectful cooperation . It's only fair to be asked to buy something . Jon in Delaware