Simeone Demo Day | FerrariChat

Simeone Demo Day

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rcraig, Aug 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Hey guys-
    Might be a great day to head up to Simeone after C&C this Saturday.
    As you probably know the Ferrari 365P was out at Monterey this week, but There is a new beast at the museum.
    The museum has been loaned a very famous and rare Ferrari (only 7, I believe)
    FERRARI INTERIM BERLINETTA #1377. It came in 6th at LeMans in 1959.
    Beautiful car similar in appearance to the 250 SWB. They will be driving 1377, a Gullwing Mercedes 300 SL, a 1933 Alfa Monza, as well as a Gerry Coker designed Austin Healey.

For all you guys that have been there before you know Fred knows more about all these cars than almost anyone on the planet and will fill you all in on every detail.
    Plus you can wander the rest of the museum and drool over all the other amazing machines. Two Ford Gt's, Porsche 917 Long tail, GTO TR, 375, C and D Jag. etc, etc, etc.

2. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #2 Bryanp, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    If it was mine?
    It is certainly a great car. Personally, I am in love with 250LM's. It was amazing and until the prices went berzerk in the last year or 2, I would have never thought it was worth that much. But it does give a real relevance to just how good the Simeone Collection really is. I can't walk through the place without making a list in my head of all the cars I have dreamed about having.

I have not seen the Interim before, but have seen the one owned by Tony and Lulu Wang. Fantastic car. I want to understand where it falls into line with the TDF, TR, and 250 SWB.

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    $22.5M was the high bid when it didn't sell at RM/Monterey last week. One of only two that Ferrari made.