VIR-Tudor Series 8/23&24-Update | FerrariChat

VIR-Tudor Series 8/23&24-Update

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ButchF-430S, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ButchF-430S

ButchF-430S Rookie

Aug 6, 2013
    You can read about the results in Autoweek on-line, but they only give the gentleman's version. What Autoweek did not tell you was Giancarlo Fisichella in the 458 GTLM took Wolf Henzler in the 911GT America GTLM in the roller coaster (You need big kahunas to pass there)and then Henzler gave Giancarlo love taps (We know what was) in the butt on the pass all the way through Hog Pen to the flag. For three laps Henzler made the 911 wider than a 59 Caddy, but in the end Giancarlo sent the crowd into a frenzy with his last chance pass.

I had the opportunity to talk with Giancarlo in the pits prior to the race and asked him to address the issue of aggressive driving in going for the win if it was between him and the Corvette. Giancarlo smiled and told me (in so many words) that he had game. The man speaks truth!

Big love to Hank Carpenter and the rest of the crew from the North Carolina Chapter for welcoming a Mid-Atlantic member in their flow.

2. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Butch,

It was great meeting you and talking with you at the race. I really hope that we can do some events together in the future. We have added your email address to our list so we can make sure that you're invited to all of our events here in NC. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Hank Carpenter
    Foreign Cars Italia
    336-516-3855
    [email protected]