Proud he is my Son | FerrariChat

Proud he is my Son

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Im Proud to say my Son learned one thing at least from his Father. To be one of the many people in this country who show up and give Back. For the second year Christopher is raising money for the MS Society. Locally they do a Bike to the Bay where they challenge cyclists to ride from Dover DE to the Delaware Beaches. He has chosen the 75 mile route. Rain or Shine. The date is September 20th. I cant imagine frankly but thats just me and my "Behind" speaking. Anyway last year my friends on FChat weighed in big time to help in his raising of $450 for his efforts for MS. This year his goal is $500. I will be the first to donate. Will you please help out again this year? I know we on this forum get asked often to donate. So I thank you in advance for your never ending Charitable attitude.
    Respectfully Jon in Delaware

Not the Donation website but for more info:
    Delaware : National Multiple Sclerosis Society

2. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks Dad for the support. Last year the event raised over $750,000! Not bad for a tiny little state. I had such a great experience last year, and I am back at it again. As my Dad said this year I have raised my donation goal to $500 and would appreciate any help I could get in my pursuit.

I do regret to inform everyone that this does not come with a video or any kind of ice bucket. Although now that I think about it that ice bucket would be pretty nice after the race. So I take that back I will be pouring ice over my head!

Link to my personal donation page:
    Bike to the Bay 2014: Mr. Christopher Walton - National MS Society

3. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    When you reach $500, let me know and I'll match it.

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Wow. Now that's an awesome challenge Jerry. Ok people I started off the quest to $500 now Jerry has offered to match the first $500. Let's make this happen!!! You are awesome thankyou ! Jon in Delaware

5. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    Bike to the Bay is always a good time and for a great cause! Cya there!

6. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Wow Jerry throwing down the Gauntlet. I accept the challenge and appreciate the proposed donation.

7. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Glad to hear about other participating in the event. Completely agree Alex!

8. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Bumping this up for the final push! Only ten days remain. So for anyone on the fence about donating this is your last chance!

9. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Over half way to my goal and more importantly closer to Jerry's matching pledge of $500! keep it coming verybody.

10. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #10 VGM911, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    SEATTLE (September 10, 2014) – The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today announced that it will commit $50 million to support the scale up of emergency efforts to contain the Ebola outbreak in West Africa and interrupt transmission of the virus.

That kind of philanthropy should stand as a beacon for others who aspire to help those in need. Of course we don't all have millions of dollars, but together, we can make a difference to those whose lives are imperilled or debilitated.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease in which your immune system attacks the protective sheath (myelin) that covers your nerves. Myelin damage disrupts communication between your brain and the rest of your body. Ultimately, the nerves themselves may deteriorate, a process that's currently irreversible.

Signs and symptoms vary widely, depending on the amount of damage and which nerves are affected. Some people with severe MS may lose the ability to walk independently or at all, while others experience long periods of remission during which they develop no new symptoms.

There's no cure for multiple sclerosis. However, treatments can help speed recovery from attacks, modify the course of the disease and manage symptoms. Research can help us move closer to developing even better treatments, and ultimately, the cure that's so desperately needed.

I hope that you'll consider a gift/pledge to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society by supporting the Bike to the Bay event coming up this month. We here on FerrariChat may not be able to match the generosity of Bill Gates and his wife, but we can match the spirit with which they are promising to help those in need in Africa. I'm willing to match your gifts, dollar for dollar, to leverage your generosity into an even greater gift. Open your wallets....your checkbooks.....your hearts.

11. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Wow very well put. This definitely is a helpful reminder to myself exactly why I do this and the importance of it. A dollar or even a pedal crank can be stretched so much further when used the right way.

12. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Better late than never! Donation made. Good luck!

13. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Christopher,

My mother-in-law has MS and I see the affects on a daily basis. Donation sent. Good luck with this! I hope you get passed your goal!

14. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thank-you, guys, for stepping up to the plate.

15. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    haha there is no such thing as being late when donating. Thank you!

16. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    I am sorry to hear that. Let her know Ill be sure to be riding for her! And thank you very much for the donation.

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Thanks Chris!

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    This community is awesome!! Thank you . Jon in Delaware

19. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey

I'm sorry to hear that your mother-in-law suffers from this insidious disease. I have a cousin with the same affliction, and it's been difficult to watch her decline over the years.

20. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

It is a shame, but fortunately for us my mother-in-law does not have a rapidly deteriorating case like many do. She has mobility issues and has to give herself daily injections, but I've heard of people with much worse symptoms, so we are grateful for that.

21. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    .:.i do the ms city to shore full weekend ride every year...a great cause and a fun time with my friends...

22. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    #22 Ferrararu, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just wanted to take this time to thank all of you for you generosity. As we can all see from this thread MS is a terrible disease and is more prevalent than you may have ever thought. Ever dollar helps and I am happy to say that with the help of my family, friends, this forum, and the 3 other riders I convinced to join this journey with me we have cumulatively raised $1,555! Our team as a whole has even surpassed 10k! The window is still open to donate so let’s keep it coming
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    You Rock!!!! Thanks to all of you who contributed!! And how DO you make that animated thing on your thread?? Proud Dad in Delaware

24. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    #24 Ferrararu, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Ferrararu

Ferrararu Rookie

Apr 2, 2010
    Just as an FYI to everyone the deadline for online donations is 3pm tomorrow. So lets get those last minute donations in!