09/21/14 - "Ferrari as Art" Car Show in Barto PA | FerrariChat

09/21/14 - "Ferrari as Art" Car Show in Barto PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by DreamCarrera, Sep 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is anyone here planning to attend the "Ferrari as Art" car show in Barto this coming Sunday, Sept. 21st? I'll be there assuming the weather is nice...so far the forecast looks great.

I believe this FCA event is scheduled to take place from noon to 3 P.M.

2. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #2 DreamCarrera, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    I should have added to my previous post that this event is hosted by the Padre Pio shrine/museum, which is located in a beautiful, picturesque country setting.

Also, for those of you who are unfamiliar with this event, there will be 10 or so very "significant" Ferraris on display(hence the "Ferrari as Art" title) as well as a lawn full of spectator's Ferraris on display. The "significant" Ferrari lineup is not announced ahead of time(at least I don't believe it is) but in years past this lineup has included such cars as the 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, Testa Rossas, 250 GTO, 512 BBi, Daytona, etc.

3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Any details Eric. Went on FCA site and there were no details.
    Thx
    Bob

4. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    I will be Carlisle. The meeting of the Marques. Artistry in motion drive to Allenberry resort.

5. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Eric -- thanks for posting. You beat me to the punch as I was planning to ask the same if anyone is going. I am considering it especially since I have plans on Saturday and won't be able to make it to C&C.

Bob -- don't think there are too many details; I get the impression it's a pretty relaxed event. Here is the email I got back from the organizer: "No registration necessary. This event is a freebie low stress deal. I have 10 cars for the main display, but all members are welcome. Bring the car and park it with your Ferrari brethren next to our tent and enjoy the day. The folks from Padre Pio will have food for sale, but feel free to bring snacks etc. Things start around 11:30ish and end around 4."

I'd be happy to meet up for a small caravan if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
    Dennis

6. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi Bob,

The details are on the FCA Penn/Jersey website. I can't post a link from my phone at this time but I will do so later today. I've attended this event in years past and it has always been a great show.

7. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Thanks for adding this info Dennis. I'll be there in a white 1990 Testarossa, be sure to say hi if you make it to the show(same goes for everyone else).

8. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
  9. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Both the show announcement, which VGM posted above, and the FCA Penn-Jersey website(Events | FCA Penn-Jersey) are short on details describing this event. However, I believe that is by design so that the rare Fcars on display as "art" are a surprise to the spectators. Also, if I'm not mistaken, this is another event which was started years ago by Pietro.

This show always includes at least a handful of very special Ferraris(the type you won't see at most other shows) and at least 25 or so other Ferraris.

10. Sunscoop

Sunscoop Rookie

Sep 18, 2014
    Can anyone give me an exact address. I find these ones but they don't seem right. Thanks anyways...

11. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The National Centre for Padre Pio
    111 Barto Road
    Barto, PA 19504

The buildings sit back a little bit from the road(maybe a 1/4 mile) but they can be seen from the road. You can't miss all of the Ferraris parked on the lawn.

12. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    I was unable to go. Which cars were inside the ropes this year?

13. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I was a little disappointed with the event this year. There was a light turnout of spectator cars(Ferraris) and while the cars inside the ropes were great, after all they were Ferraris, the selection of cars left a lot to be desired IMHO. There simply were not as many really rare Ferraris as there has been in past years.

The highlight of the "art" cars was a Daytona Competizione. Other art cars included a 308, 328, 360, 348 Competizione, 355, 330, Dino 308 GT4, etc. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I don't have any pics of the event.