West Chester C&C Made Jalopnik | FerrariChat

West Chester C&C Made Jalopnik

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by swexlin, Dec 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
  2. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I saw that earlier today. I never met Doug....but that is a nice looking car and who knew a Jalopnik writer was in our midst?!

3. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    I saw that too. Looks like the pic was from after I left that day.

4. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think I was there as well; the picture is recent. I'm surprised he didn't mention the strong car enthusiast car scene in this area, or maybe he did, and I missed it.

5. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    He didn't mention Cars&Coffee. He just complained about not being able to drive on winding back roads. And the answer to that problem was in the background of the C&C photo :)

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Joe V and I ~think~ his appearance at C&C was on October 25th.

7. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #7 VGM911, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    I thought that his story about the perils and worries of owning a Ferrari ("Owning a Ferrari for a Year was a Disappointment") was not only applicable to that marque, but was applicable to other high-end cars as well.

There are advantages to owning an older (and less exotic) car that, despite being your pride and joy, wouldn't put a serious dent in your wallet if it were damaged, has reasonable operating costs, won't deplete your net worth through huge depreciation charges, nor would your spirit be broken by the many other things he cites in his article.

Each individual Ferrari owner has to decide whether the joy of ownership comes from driving the car, or looking at it sitting in the garage/using it only occasionally. As he notes, there are people in both camps - most of whom seem to be smiling!

8. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    First world problems, for sure.

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Come on guys. If you are in that area and couldn't find good roads to drive, you're not looking. Hell I'm begging people to go drive with me. I know hundreds of miles of great roads straight from C&C.

10. agentf1

agentf1 Formula Junior

May 7, 2004
    Longwood Fl.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You are correct Bob, we are blessed to have so many nice roads so close.