Clear bra | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedsterr

speedsterr Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2013
    Where is the best spot in the dc/md/va to get a clear bra installed? Right now I have a quote from pro shield for a full front installation with xpel ultimate for 1200.

2. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Where exactly are you located? I know of a few installers in the lower parts of MD/VA, however that quote for a full front is shockingly low, especially for Ultimate. Did you mean a full front bumper and partial hood/fenders?

3. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    For the 599 you've been shopping for all year? Sweet. Pics please.

4. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    No I mean entire front of the car. I am getting a good deal because my detailer uses them so that is why. I am located in the bethesda area. But it doesn't matter, that's why I said md/dc/nova area.

I got another quote from someone in ellicott city for 1700 and he couldn't give me a good reason why I should pay an extra 500. Besides that his were pre cut and this place is custom cut which is why they can charge less apparently.

But yea I'm trying to find the best place in this area to do this. On their website they claim to be the number 1 installer in the virginia area. I see some good reviews on yelp, and the pictures on their website have some nice cars getting the work done. On their pictures it all seems to come out fine.

But I want to see what people on the forum think for recommendations and hopefully if someone has a prior experience with them here.

5. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Incredible deal then, most full fronts start around 1600+. If it's the price you're looking for, not sure you'll do much better than that!

Pricing also depends on the car and yes custom cut will be more workable on price, however just be sure they're cutting properly. High risk with it, but if it's done right there shouldn't be much issue. We are Xpel and 3M authorized, but I am out of your target area. Will send a PM of other contact options. I would expect 1700 to be your starting point though.

6. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Yea other places were around 1500-1700. I am more concerned with finding people who have experienced this shop. I found 3 reviews on bimmerpost where the people were happy. And my detail guy says since he has been using him he hasn't messed anything up. And he's brought him 15 cars.

I called the installation guy and he talked to me for a few minutes on how to cut properly so you don't damage the paint. He seemed to know what he was talking about and they have been around for a while now. He also said if he damages it, then it's on him.

But yea I wanted to see if people here have experience with this place. I'm assuming most ferrari owners wrap the front of their cars but I could be wrong.

7. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    From a post on our DD from last January:

BTW - we went with Cliff @ Auto Armor in Columbia. He was able to do it for us on a Saturday so we got it done before the car had to be exposed to all that salt of last week or so. Very appreciated!

He did a full front wrap with the self healing XPEL film. Looks great!

I would wholeheartedly recommend him to others.

Thanks Cliff!

Cliff's number 800-966-4303

His job is still looks great almost a year later!

Curtis

8. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Cliff does a real nice job and has a self healing film which is pretty cool. I think that is for both matte and clear finishes. Pricing is very competitive also.

9. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Based on the website looks like they are using 3M? Hmmm I have to call and ask about xpel ultimate.

10. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just wondered if you have priced a respray of the front? Ferrari of Atlanta resprayed my 355 for $1200 and it looked perfect. I had a clear bra that took some paint with it when it was removed and after looking at the quotes for a new clear bra, I decided why bother repainting it is cheaper.

11. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Reprinting hurts resale since people think the car will fall apart then.

12. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How do you care for the clear bra? Wax? Polish? Just wash?

13. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Meant to say repainting

14. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Cliff does both. As noted in my original post he did ours in the Xpel self healing product for not much difference in price to the 3M. And he does not use pre-cut panels - all custom work.

CC

15. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Just like paint. I recently prepped the DD for winter with clay bar followed by a one step polish sealant and then a coat of wax. Looks great. None of the haziness or foggy look of films of a few years ago.

CC

16. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I used Cliff too. Does great
    Work.