Cars and Coffee events in the DMV | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee events in the DMV

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by speedsterr, Jan 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedsterr

speedsterr Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2013
    Are there any events that aren't at the crack of dawn?

I know katie's and I know about the one by corner bakery next to Montgomerey Mall. I also accidentally stumbled upon one that was pretty good on the intersection of falls road and wootton parkway. That one was around 5pm on saturday. Anyone know of that last one and if it still goes on?

Why do they do Katie's from 6 30-9, that's so damn early.

2. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    My guess; to allow the other shops in the shopping center to have parking spaces when they open.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    There is Church of the Holy Donut on Sunday around 9am in Burtonsville. Also Hunt Valley Horsepower at the Hunt Valley Mall Saturdays. I think that one is around 830 but don't quote me on that.

4. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    There is one in Fairfax on Sunday mornings later. Search for Kohls Cars and Coffee.

There is also one in season with a small group of us in Gaithersburg/Darnestown on mid-day Sundays. Search Potimac Cafe Racers for more info.

Lamborghini of Washington is having a monthly cars and coffee now too. I went to the first one, missed the second, and there is a third on January 17 I believe. After Katies.

There are occasionally other gatherings in the evening when the weather is nice at Brustwra ice cream in Gaithersburg put on by Moco Meets. They have a Facebook page.

Lots of other meets around. I find lots on Facebook.

5. Flipjack

Flipjack Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Katies and Kohls are the main ones IMO. Kohls prob. more the same people / cars over and over... although some serious car guys at Kohls like Bob W. with his pretty much totally hand built Jag Lister replica and his 911 RSR clones... he has a Moby Dick clone (actually I think the body work is real) I think its a 935?? in the works too, or at least he did ways back.

Katies has always been that early and yes originated from not wanting to impinge on other stores' business hours.

But I think over time its gotten even more ridiculous and kind of bragging rights "how early did you get to Katies?". By 9 its pretty much over. Some people literally will go park there the night before and get a ride back just for prime spot. Or sleep in their car there has been known to happen. A lot of the big collector people I know soured on Katies over past few years just because gotten so out of hand, the kids taking videos and pictures and putting all over the internet (DC / defense contractors / security clearances / lobbyists /people with really expensive toys that maybe might want to kinda be low key for whatever reason), mass crowds and people touching all over the cars etc. But its still the big C&C in the DMV no doubt and every week there is something different you've never seen before, old & new.

Others = Hunt Valley which is North of Balt. They have a couple big mega meets a yr. but meet weekly too. That is where a very prolific - not to be named - Balt area esp. Ferrari collector brings his cars sometimes. I mean if you just want to see an Aventador or two they'll be there. Not so much old or really cool custom stuff as Katies but there can be substantial gatherings of American muscle of all vintages there from time to time.

Another nice and very social but small one is at Annapolis harbor. I think its Sun 10ish right at the waterfront. Usually same 20-30 people but really nice people and nice cars and often do a lunch somewhere or something afterwards.

Holy Donut the other main one I know of but don't have much experience with it.

6. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Holy Donut tends to be mostly American. Mostly Muscle Cars and hot rods. Some European cars show up, but not many.

7. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Annapolis City Dock, every Sunday 9am until noon. Exotics usually show up at 9:30am. See thread posting on FLife.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

8. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013

Where is lamborghini of washington having theirs? Same location as Katies? Or at their dealer?

I know of the Annapolis one. I thought it was mostly for older cars? I want something that has nice cars but has nice people to meet too. Some gathering to share the passion with. I mean all of these exotics I've already seen before......

Plus if Katie's has kids touching my car, I don't want that. Then I'll be too paranoid to look at other cars, I'll just stand in front of mine like a hawk.

9. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    The LOW C&C is at the dealer, located in Sterling/Ashburn.

I have not been to the Annapolis meet yet but it seems to be a nice mix of modern and classic, and a fairly low key group.

I have never had a problem with kids at Katie's. They are there (including mine almost always) but they are almost universally monitored and respectful in my experience. I don't sweat leaving my car unattended one bit.

10. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Where is the event at wootton pkwy and falls?

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

12. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Luke - It's in the parking lot of the church there, right next to 270. Don't think it is very big but I have not gone. They sometimes have a sign out saying when it is, which I think is like once a month. My take was that it was some sort of membership recruiting vehicle...

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Sunday's around 9 at the leesburg Wegmans has a nice turnout when the weather cooperates. Ferraris, lamborghinis, Porsches, muscle, etc. good crowd and easy to get in and out of.

FoW has one coming up next Saturday.

14. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    10-4

Thanks

15. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Yes this is the one I am talking about. Is there like a page for it or something where we can find out more info?

Also membership recruiting for what? They didn't mention any of that when I went. It was small but some nice cars were there. There was a 458, FGT, lambo, and some other nice stuff.

16. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    What is FoW? Ferrari of washington? Where do they hold theirs?

17. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    How often does lamborghini of washington have a C&C?

18. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Yes, FoW is our short hand for Ferrari of Washington. LoW is Lamborghini of Washington. Their dealership is located at: 45235 Towlern Place, Sterling, VA 20166

This is a fairly new event. They hope to have one once a month. January's event is this Saturday 1/17. Check out their facebook page for photos from past events: https://www.facebook.com/LamborghiniofWashington?ref=tn_tnmn

Bill P.

19. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    How often does FoW have an event?

20. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    They hope to have one once a month.

Bill P.

21. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    How would I find out when they are having it? Do I have to call them?

22. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    We have a C&C at Wegmans in Leesburg on Sundays starting around 8:30 or 9 but it's very lightly attended over the winter, 8-10 of us. In good weather we get more like 30 and growing.

23. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Meh thats 45 minutes from my house. A bit too far.

24. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sure. You can do that. Keep in mind however that it is Lamborghini of Washington who is hosting these monthly events not Ferrari of Washington. I would go this Saturday if you can.

If you don't feel like calling, you can always check out Lamborghini of Washington's facebook page.

Bill P.

25. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Annapolis City Dock Sunday's 9am

Sent via itty bitty electrons