Mid-Atlantic VA area | FerrariChat

Mid-Atlantic VA area

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Blackandbluedino, Jan 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blackandbluedino

Apr 16, 2013
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Gonnella
    Hey out there in the Mid-Atlantic region... I live in Newport News and have a gt4. The guy right around the corner has a GTS QV and someone else in the neighborhood has/had a GTS but I never see/hear anything from anyone in the immediate area. I used to see a Mondial Cab going the opposite direction across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel during my commute and lots of cars at shows but never any events. Any Ferrari owner in Hampton Roads?

2. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Thomas!

Not sure if you're new to the area or not? If so...Welcome! We would love to see photos of your GT4.

As you mentioned there are some car shows in your area. I believe there are several Cars and Coffee's in your area. I believe there's one in Williamsburg. I will look up the info and pass it along if you'd like?

As for events, the FCA is having it's 4th Annual Virginia Historic Plantation Tour coming up in April. I will post more info on that when we get closer. This is a fun little drive down your neck of the woods and then we all gather for lunch. This year we will be visiting the Jamestown Settlement, then taking a ferry ride across the James River for lunch.

In September there's the Classics on the Green which is an all European car show held at the New Kent Winery.

Let me know if you'd like me to post the info for the Cars and Coffee events. Or feel free to PM me your contact information and I will see if I can put you in touch with some of our FCA members down in your neck of the woods!!

Bill P.
    FCA-MAR Assist. Regional Director of Events

3. anthem

anthem Karting

Jan 12, 2009
    Williamsburg
    Full Name:
    Ed
    There are quite a few F cars in williamsburg as well as Virginia Beach. . I know of a couple 458's in one williamsburg neighborhood alone - lol.

Here is some information on some of the events Bill mentioned above.

Classics on the Green is a great event in the fall. I believe 2015 it will be at the Wyndham in Glen Allen. Website info here Classics on the Green Official Website It used to be on the island in downtown Richmond which was great but alas no longer.

Cars and Coffee there are two. One in Williamsburg and one in Virginia beach. Williamsburg is 3rd saturday every month. Strange attendance schedules as sometimes not many, but then sometimes a lot. The last one in December supposedly was one of the largest ones they have had. next one is Jan 17th. Website is at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cars-Coffee-Williamsburg/113243048756671

Virginia Beach C+C website information is here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/

There used to be Ferraris on the Vine which was hosted a couple years by the local vineyard but some falling out and then it moved to Ferrars on the james at Kingsmill (I believe Claudia Rinaldi ran all of them and it was great). The FoJ event had a great chance to succeed but was unfortunately marred when Obama decided to have his remedial speech tutorial at Kingsmill on the same inaugural weekend (on short notice), so it kind of flopped because there was secret service full car searches for anyone who wanted to enter (a real hassle that significantly adversely affected the event).

I believe there is a british car club that runs a show with european cars sometime in April but I have never attended that one. There website is here Home but I wonder if its mostly british cars with additional european cars as an afterthought to attract more people. Again, strictly conjecture as I don't know more as I have never attended.

4. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I'm not a Ferrari owner, but thanks for the all the info on what's going on in the Virginia Beach area. Just moved here with my FIAT 500 Abarth, working at Little Creek.

5. JCM

JCM Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    Williamsburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John McCauley
    I've traded emails with them about servicing my 550 and they say they can. Does anyone know of them?

thanks,

John

6. anthem

anthem Karting

Jan 12, 2009
    Williamsburg
    Full Name:
    Ed

Maybe I am missing something but are you sure you aren't posting in the wrong thread ???

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I live in Va beach and have several Ferraris ... there are quite a few around the beach area .,, and the Cars and Coffee in Va beach is first saturday of every month (rain permitting) at
    La prominade on Laskin roads.. starts at 7AM and on a good day it is packed with all different
    cars theres always a couple Abarths (for the Fiat guy) and usually several Ferraris..
    Now this saturday is going to be cold so do not know the turn out .. I will be there likely in either my F23 or probably my newly purchased Porsche 930.....
    if its not to cold.....
    best

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Hi Virginia owners. I will be at Ferrari of Washington tomorrow (Friday) with the F12 for its annual (first time for me). Could you please tell me what the salt conditions are? Its pretty clean in Maryland but could sure use an update for Virginia. Planning on getting there by noon. Maybe see an FChatter there(?) Would be great to see another member in person.

-Best

9. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Most of the roads were treated yesterday with the brine liquid stripes in each lane.
    Route 7 had it all the way from Leesburg to Route 28.

So, unfortunately, I suspect you'll run in to some salt residue powder remaining on the roads today.

Good luck.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thank you for the reply Toggie. Darn. I'm heading 95S to 495W(beltway) to 267 Dulles access road t0 28N to the dealership. Is route 7 north or south of that? No chance the route I'm taking is clean?

Thanks very much.

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Route 7 runs east & west and is at the north end of Route 28.

You should be fine - maybe a small chance of some residual salt on Route 28, but otherwise, should be good.

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Would you take you best Ferrari today or should I put it off?
    Thanks again.

13. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Today is as good as any, I think.
    Always a bit of a risk.

But, even if you get some salt powder on the bottom, it will hose off.
    I think you can get the FOW folks to hose off the bottom for you when it is time to pick it up.

BTW, what color is your F12?

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
  15. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    The Wyndham Virginia Crossings in the Glen Allen area will be the host hotel, but the actual COTG show is still at New Kent Winery. Both are great venues. (fyi - I'm part of the host club and organizing committee....)

Although Ferrari was the featured marque last year, we hope that the Ferrari participants enjoyed it enough to return. No matter what the featured marque is, it's always great to see the Ferraris out!

Thanks!

gp

16. Lowtush

Lowtush Rookie

Jul 25, 2012
    Richmond, VA