308 GTS long shot resto | FerrariChat

308 GTS long shot resto

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by mgclinard, Jan 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mgclinard

mgclinard Rookie

Nov 5, 2014
    Waterford VA
    Full Name:
    Mark Clinard
    I recently bought a 1979 GTS that is pretty far gone. windshield smashed in, rained into for many years, interior is completely moldy and there is rust in the rockers and door panels.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to restore it , but there's a little bug stuck in my craw that keeps telling me that it will all work out..

So the engine is getting rebuilt, and I've ordered various parts online, but the biggest headache is going to be wiring and interior, Anyone know of a good shop in the DC area that is reasonable and decent?

2. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Give Yong's in Leesburg a ring. He does really impressive interior/restoration work.

Leesburg Yong's Auto Restoration

Sounds like an interesting project, do you have any pictures? Who's rebuilding the engine?

3. mgclinard

mgclinard Rookie

Nov 5, 2014
    Waterford VA
    Full Name:
    Mark Clinard
    Thanks, I know Mr Yong well. He does good work but he seems too busy for this. I'm using Sterling Auto upholstery for the interior.

As for the engine, I'm still assembling the parts, and have hit a snag with the piston size...the one I pulled from the engine measures 83.3 mm, and the replacements all seem to be 81 mm.

I was going to use Andy Richardson of Motorhead to rebuild. know of anyone good and cheap?

Thanks