Where do you take your car to get washed? | FerrariChat

Where do you take your car to get washed?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by speedsterr, Jan 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedsterr

speedsterr Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2013
    I was wondering does anyone take their car to an actual car wash?

I was thinking of this place by Tysons Champion Hand Car Wash Just another WordPress site. They do only hand wash. I've used them before and they are good. But now I have a car with ceramic rotors and clear bra so I'm slightly more paranoid. Anyone use them with clear bra or ceramic rotors, or knows maybe a good mobile detailer?

2. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    I use Champion for my daily drivers.

Now that Chris aka DetailGuy has retired, I use Cesar Hernandez (he's the detail guy for FOW, Competizione etc.). His cell is (571) 265-5256. He comes to your house.

3. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Called and left a message of him. No call back yet.

Anyone else? I guess everyone washes their own cars?

4. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    Daily driver goes to a local place that hand washes the cars when I don't feel like doing it.

Pristine in Cherry Hill: home

Noone touches the fun car but me.

5. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    Lol New Jersey. I am in the DMV.

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I keep a polymer on our perfect paint so we can run them through brushless washes. Life is good.

7. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    I don't know of any brushless car washes besides in college park and maybe some gas stations in gaithersburg. Besides if those brushless washes spray chemicals on the wheel it could be bad for the ceramic rotors.

8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    look into a good detail and ceramic coating. Some of the newer ones actually offer warranties against scratches so after than you'll be able to send it through a brushless(or in theory even a brush) car wash.

9. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    I have cquartz finest on it. I guess I will just take it to champion. They say if they mess anything up they will cover it.

10. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Where to wash your car...In your driveway ??? You guys must be above that :D

11. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    At 49, with three cars I want to keep looking like new, I'm just TIRED of washing cars, man. I have kids to raise, things to do. The one thing you can never get back is time. Your time is just as valuable no matter how old you are. You can't get your Saturday back either. Go get DJ Mayo to put a polymer on your car and spent $7 a week to keep it clean.

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I'm closer to 60 and CAN'T do all that washing! Just the Ferrari will get the red carpet treatment now. Its always the new car that gets the attention!

13. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My 599 goes to the car wash, too. I still get on my knees to do the calipers and detail with instant detailer, but I don't wash and wax anything anymore.

14. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Hand wash or speedy detail as well as touchless car washes should be fine. One advantage of touchless wash is they include undercarriage spray wash.

15. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Only 49 and just three cars to take care of......wish I had it so easy :)

16. BB55

BB55 Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    BB
    #16 BB55, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Give Steve Thomas a call, 301.802.9514. Hand wash for $25. He used to have a shop in Bethesda, off Woodmont Ave, but recently moved to Kensington MD. He specializes in PDR, paint correction, and detailing. He spent two days bringing my Nero 550 back to NEW. He uses a german product, Wolfgang Concours-Series, you can buy the stuff online at autogeek.net I drop my car off, then pick it up a couple hours later for the wash. The real value for me was the detail
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    #17 speedsterr, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Wow shop off woodmont ave in bethesda would have been perfect for me. 1 minute from my office. I gave Steve a call he said he could do my car for 35. Which includes vacuum and wipe down. He said the 25 price is just exterior wash only.

18. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013
    ^anyone else have experience with Steve Thomas?

19. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    No personal experience, but I did personally witness the absolute transformation he performed on BB55's 550. Incredible quality work.

I will be sending him my 355 once the salt is cleared.

20. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    Never used a car wash or detailer, prefer to do it myself, it's therapeutic....

21. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    I hear Advanced Detailing of the Main Line is pretty good, but I also might be a bit biased :).
    Washing and drying actually creates many scratches and swirls in the paint, so i recommend going to a reputable detailer whether its us or someone else. I thought I'd give you the helpful hint.
    I just recently posted about a 2005 360 Spider we just performed a paint correction detail and CQuartz application on. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mid-atlantic-region-usa-pa-de-md-dc-va-sponsored-competizione/475716-2005-360-spider-detail-advanced-detailing.html
    The car's being driven up to the Philly Auto Show on Thursday (25 miles of salt!) so the CQuartz will protect the paint against the salt and make cleaning it once it gets there as easy as rinsing it down and drying it with a microfiber. Really amazing stuff, I have it on my personal Maserati and have been driving it around almost all winter! We're up in West Chester PA but do offer pick up by open and enclosed trailers. Hope that helps and good luck!

22. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #22 JoeZaff, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    I completely agree. A few of our cars have the Cquartz applied and it is amazing stuff.

23. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Exactly....It is half the fun of owning rolling art :)

24. speedsterr

Sep 14, 2013

Unfortunately you guys are too far away. I have cquarts finest on my car. Yes I agree it's pretty awesome. Btw question for you, I have a clear bra on my entire front end. Do you apply cquartz finest over it? My detailer did it under the car but I don't think that was correct. It didn't cause any issues with the clear bra adhering.

25. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    I asked the pros the same question. They said...(1) paint correction esp on dark cars like black (2) clear bra the car where desired and (3) then do the ceramic coating, over the car in all areas painted or over the clear bra where there is film.