FerrariChat.com welcomes new Regional sponsor: ADVANCED DETAILING OF THE MAIN LINE... | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com welcomes new Regional sponsor: ADVANCED DETAILING OF THE MAIN LINE...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rob lay, Jan 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Welcome!

3. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
  4. Daytona BeauTTy

Daytona BeauTTy Karting

Feb 20, 2012
    Kennett Square, PA
    Full Name:
    Michael Abens
    Welcome! See you at WC C&C.

5. dantonioauto

dantonioauto Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tony D'Antonio
    Welcome!!!

I just wanna give a quick little testimonial:

The Main Line guys do amazing work! I had them correct a 360 Spider that I thought would need to be painted. Matt and Brandon did a full correction, engine bay detail of all the carbon fiber, rim and wheel well clean, and ceramic coated the whole car. The car looks like I had it painted!

I couldn't be more pleased with the work. Not only were they a pleasure to deal with (very upbeat and mannerly), but they had the car done in a very short period of time considering the amount of work the paint needed, and they were very cost effective! Matt and Brandon were also much cheaper than all the other correction facilities I contacted.

I would highly recommend Advanced Detailing of the Main Line to everyone! :)

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    The 650 coupe I picked up has a lot of paint swirls I was going to spend a weekend fixing it myself, but maybe I will give these guys a shot at it.

7. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    #7 AdvancedDetailingMainLine, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks. Feel free to give us a call or message us on here, we are experts at removing swirls and only use top of the line buffers(Rupes Buffers) that won't harm your paint. 484-319-8284
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Why use Rupes and why use ceramic coating ?

9. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    We use Rupes Buffers because they are the most reliable, the smoothest, and safest on the market. They have the longest throw of any dual action polisher available today.

The main ingredient in all ceramic coatings is Silicon Dioxide (SiO2), commonly known as Quartz. When a coating is applied to a silicone free clean surface, that surface takes on properties that are virtually identical to hardened glass, they also exhibit a measurable film thickness. These coatings can also be used on both glass and wheel surfaces making them much easier to keep clean as well as providing protection. Ceramic coatings are different from wax or paint sealants which are resin based. Resin is an organic material so it deteriorates with external factors i.e. UV rays, acid rain, etc. Silica is chemically inert and will not react with the base material. in other words, dirt will not bond to the treated surface, thereby reducing soiling and organic staining. Acid rain and other chemical compounds easily wash off, significantly reducing the hydroscopic nature of surfaces exposed to industrial or environmental pollution.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Thanks for explanation ... could I apply ceramic coating myself?

11. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    You could, and theres youtube videos that briefly explain how to. However, it is a tricky process to get it right. Also, the paint correction before hand is the important part because the coatings "lock in" the paint underneath. I like to say that almost any detailer can install a ceramic coating, but the quality of the finish lies in the paint correction before hand.
    Putting our company aside, I do strongly recommend you allow a professional detailer to install it- especially on an exotic vehicle. It is very easy to mess up and ceramic coatings are not easy to remove.

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    What a more economical buffer than Rupes that you would recommend ?

13. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    There are plenty of different Dual Action polishers on the market today. The FLEX XC 3401 is a very popular polisher, they retail in the high $300's. I really do not recommend using a cheaper polisher such as a Porter Cable DA that can be purchased for about $150. The main reason is you get what you pay for. The Porter Cable will get the job done on most cars but I would never use it or trust it on any exotic vehicle. Even with a DA polisher inexperience can lead to catastrophic results leading to thousands of dollars in cosmetic repairs.