2005 360 Spider Detail by Advanced Detailing | FerrariChat

2005 360 Spider Detail by Advanced Detailing

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by AdvancedDetailingMainLine, Jan 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    #1 AdvancedDetailingMainLine, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am the guy that has always said "When I buy a Ferrari, it's going to be red", but now after having the opportunity to spend hours staring at this rare 2005 black on black 360 Spider, I might have changed my mind. With lots of custom work done by D'Antonio Automotive Enterprises, this Ferrari was a masterpiece. Well, almost…
    The car was brought to us because the previous detailer performed a poor paint correction (read my first post about how I strive for "Paint Perfection"), an improper clear bra installation, and sharpie used as touch up paint.

Our objectives were to:
    Remove the Paint protection film (PPF)
    The Xpel Ultimate PPF was peeling, bubbling, and was placed over clear coat overspray thus creating a crease that should have been removed during the paint correction, as well as a true paint correction was not performed under the clear wrap which was on the front bumper, hood, and both front fenders.
    Fix the Sharpie Touch Up
    Black Sharpie was used as touch up paint on the inside of the engine bay, we had a body shop match the Nero Daytona WB 508 color for us.
    Perform a True Paint Correction on the entire vehicle.
    Many scratches and swirls were still left in the vehicle after the previous "paint correction" performed. Most notably, the line from the convertible top was still present. The previous detailer told the owner that the line was not able to come out.
    Detail the Interior and Engine Bay.
    CQuartz the vehicle to add a "glass like" layer of protection to the paint, as well as give it an extremely high gloss shine.
    I've included before pictures to show the issues from the improper detail and PPF install.

Step 1. We carefully removed the Xpel Ultimate PPF, then removed any remnant glue.
    Step 2. We prepped the car by removing all contaminants using a waterless wash and a degreaser to remove any wax or polish left on the vehicle.
    Step 3. We performed a 4 stage polish using a Rupes LHR 15ES Dual Action Buffer, various cutting and polishing pads and several cuts of polish to remove all scratches and swirls that can be safely removed without a risk of burning or marring the paint. On this particular vehicle there were many scratches and about 90% of them were able to be removed without the risk of damaging the finish. (This vehicle had been in a front end collision back in 2008.) Sometimes the risk is greater than the reward, and we took that into very careful consideration on this vehicle.
    Step 4. We cleaned the entire interior, hand polished the carbon fiber trim, and conditioned the leather.
    Step 5. We steam cleaned the engine bay to remove as many contaminants as possible. Notice the Throttle bodies, as much dirt and grime was taken off as possible. We also polished the exhaust(it is now so shiny my camera had trouble taking the picture!), and the carbon fiber.
    Lastly, Step 6. We removed all of the oils left on the paint using CarPro Eraser and applied CQuartz UK to add a layer of protection and preserve the shine!

The entire process took about 30 hours and the results are amazing! Check out the before and after pictures below and feel free to contact with any questions, all pictures are unedited asides from text and drawings to go along with the picture. If you look closely, you may see Brandon in the background performing a paint correction on a 1995 Lamborghini Diablo VT, that will be posted later for all of our Lambo fans! This Ferrari will be on display at the Philadelphia Auto Show as well some other beautiful cars we had the opportunity to detail. Come see us!

Thanks again for reading!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 12.3:1

12.3:1 Rookie

Dec 6, 2005
    SNJ
    ha!

nice work dudes. hopefully the owner finally got what they tried to get in the first place!

3. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    Nice work! I look forward to seeing more of your work.