Looking to Contact Tim Robertson - VA Beach | FerrariChat

Looking to Contact Tim Robertson - VA Beach

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Robb, Feb 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #1 Robb, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We bought his F355 Challenge car that he raced back in '98 and '99

It's #91 in this photo.

We'd like to update Tim on the car, it's history, and share stories and photos.

If you know how I can contact Tim or how you might connect us, please send me a PM, email or call me.

I think he will like to hear of our restoration plans for the car.

[email protected]
    303-883-8359

Robb
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Have you tried to talk with the guys at Foreign Cars Italia? He drove for them, right?

3. tf308

tf308 Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I can reach out to a friend that may know him.

Understand that this was probably not highly advertised. CBN and Ferrari probably don't go together so he may not care to get involved.

4. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have had good luck talking to the crew chief and mechanic that worked on his car. They said Tim is one of the nicest guys out there. So I have hopes of linking up privately.

The new ownership at FCI was not around back then. The founders at FCI are now at Sport Auto and they have been great. I have only just started to fill in the blanks but it looks like I will have a very complete history very soon.

I'd still like to talk to Tim if he is ok with that. I'm interested in the history of the whole team and all his teammates.

Robb

5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I'm happy to keep his info private, but would like to gain insight for restoring the car to his ownership back in 1998 and updating the history of the team, sponsors and his experiences.

One of his sponsors was Family Click which provided internet access for a family-safe environment. Seems like something to celebrate. His car was numbered 91 after the 91st Psalm in the bible. All positive stuff in most eyes and more good values that would not detract from his upstanding reputation.

But I'm also happy to respect his privacy. Thanks with any help Tim. Fingers crossed.

Robb

[email protected]
    303-883-8359

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You've looked all the obvious places? Facebook, linkedIn, etc?

Tried 411.com?

Posted a thread on FerrariChat? OOPS, you got that one.

I will do a little asking around. He doesn't still race, right?

Last thought, have you talked to the folks at VIR? If he's a Virginia guy, maybe he's an instructor part time, or has used the track recently? If he has, they'll have contact info.

You wouldn't think he'd be so hard to find.

D

7. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I sent you a PM with his home and business mailing addresses a few days ago. Seems like that would be a relatively easy way to try, though certainly not a guarantee. I'd imagine he's a pretty private guy given the family business.

8. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thanks guys. Still working the back channels and will try to mail him a nice letter.

There was an article in Forbes about him as navigator running in a 250 GTO across France 2 years ago so he doesn't have any issues with Ferrari's in his PR.

Robb

9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #9 Robb, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have just completed the restoration of the Ferrari Challenge car run by Tim Robertson back in the day. We would like to share the photos with him along with other facts about its history.

I'm planning to send him a packet in the mail but it would be a lot easier to send him an email with the info - if anyone knows Tim and could forward his contact info.

Please PM me if there are owners here that know him and can connect us.

Thanks for the help.

Robb
    Image Unavailable, Please Login