Any suggested cruise/parks route? | FerrariChat

Any suggested cruise/parks route?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Carslo, Mar 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carslo

Carslo Rookie

Apr 14, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    Looking to take a few fun weekend rides that include some hiking day trips in PA/MD area. Starting just south of Philadelphia.

Want something that would have a scenic route, and a paved parking area once we got there. Ricketts Glen in PA looks like an option, just not sure of the route to get there that has nice roads.

Anyone have experience with something similar or a suggested place to check out?

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    We once took backroads to the Western Poconos. Fantastic roads. End destination could be hickory run state park. Plenty of paved parking options . B and B galore to choose from. Weekend trip with three hours driving back roads each way . Jon in Delaware

3. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
  4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Poconos and Eastern Shore are BOTH great choices.

Head down to Chesapeake, MD, fill yourself up with crabs and beer, then spend the rest of the afternoon shopping in the quaint little town there. The last twenty miles or so are a great drive down back roads, and you get to cross the Mason-Dixon line!!

Poconos, I defer to Jon's judgment. I have driven through there many times, but have no recent experience to enlighten you with.

D

5. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    PM me if you decide to stop in Annapolis and I'll try to organize a lunch with the local Tifosi and a few Lamborghini owners.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

6. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Being a pro at this :) if you want some serious ideas PM me and I'll give you my number. You are in an amazing driving area as soon as you escape Philly and I can give you hundreds of miles of routes.

Bob