Bianco Fuji F430 Detail | FerrariChat

Bianco Fuji F430 Detail

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by AdvancedDetailingMainLine, Apr 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    #1 AdvancedDetailingMainLine, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I started my last post on FChat about a black on black 360 we detailed by saying how I always wanted a red Ferrari but after spending time with a black one, I was leaning towards that color. Now after spending close to 30 hours with this very rare 2007 Bianco Fuji F430, I might have changed my mind again. So Please, do not bring me a pink Ferrari to detail. Actually, the first time I saw this car I thought it was a vinyl wrap because it is unlike any other white I’ve ever seen. Originally a Maserati color, Bianco Fuji is a rare and pricey factory option that is not seen very often. I of course have pictures below but they do not do the color justice, especially after we fully corrected the paint, and gave it a long lasting finish.

The car came to Advanced Detailing to get cosmetically ready for the season. Its owner, who is a fellow FChat member, seemed very excited to show it off at Cars and Coffee in West Chester and also is thinking of taking it to a Concourse event in the future. Thus this 2007 F430 came in for a Full Paint Correction, Paintless Dent Removal, Interior and Engine Bay Detail, and lastly Xpel Ultimate Clear Film to cover the front end and CQuartz to coat and protect the entire vehicle for years to come. As many areas of the car required a wet-sand due to clear coat overspray from a few parts being repainted, perfecting this Ferrari was not an easy task.

The first step was to remove the old clear bra that was yellowing, bubbling, and peeling. The owner also was annoyed that it was only a half kit, thus leaving the separation line halfway up the hood. We fixed that issue by later installing Xpel Ultimate over the entire bumper, hood, fenders, and mirrors(a full kit). After the old clear bra was carefully removed and the paint was prepped, around 25 hours were spent on removing all the scratches, swirls, and imperfections such as the clear coat overspray in some areas. After the paint correction and the dents were pulled, the Xpel Ultimate Clear Film was installed. Lastly, CQuartz was applied over the entire vehicle and the shine it gave off was incredible.

After completion, the car was delivered up to Algar Ferrari for its annual service. Its owner was very pleased with the finished product and said it looked “better than new”. Check out the photos, all are unedited asides from the watermark. Yes, the before and after pictures of the exhaust are real!
    Thank you very much for taking time to view!
    -Matt & Brandon
    Co-Owners
    Advanced Detailing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nice work! I also enjoy seeing the side by side before and after during the correction process. I am sure its a pain and time consuming, but makes for great pics.

3. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    #3 AdvancedDetailingMainLine, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I completely agree with you and I do take a lot of time aside to take pictures like that but unfortunately on this car I was unable to. Unlike typical whites, it was a very difficult color to correct because there were a lot of swirls and scratches but they were only visible under a very very specific angle and thus the pictures didn't turn out the way they should.
    However since I do agree 50/50 splits are awesome, here's a sneak peak of the Porsche 930 Turbo Paint Restoration we just finished up for another FChat member.

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Very cool.

5. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009