Powder Coating in MD? | FerrariChat

Powder Coating in MD?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Transhuman, Apr 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Guys,

I'd like to get my rear challenge grill from my 360 powder coated to fix a small blemish on it. Anyone have a recommendation of a shop they've used recently in the Maryland area? I'd prefer a shop in the Montgomery country area but wouldn't be opposed to someone in the Howard, Baltimore, or Anne Arundel county areas either.

Thanks
    Juan.

2. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    CP-E recently opened a powder coating shop at their facility which they use for their production work but which is also open to the public. Call them.

6802 Mid Cities Ave
    Beltsville, Maryland

cp-e? | Custom Performance Engineering

3. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    I use these guys exclusively for my Mazdaspeed 6.

Their products and service are exceptional.

4. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'd like to see it when it's done Juan. Btw, we've been getting 100+ cars every Sunday at City Dock. This Sunday we will be at Quiet Waters Park, Annapolis for the SPCA car show. Hope to see you soon Juan - Al

Sent via itty bitty electrons

5. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    #5 muk_yan_jong, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Just spent the day with them getting baselined on my car and touring the shop. Top notch people and products. Mitch (Head of Service Engineering and Testing) was incredibly patient and informative. The employees own and drive the cars advertised ( cp-e? | Custom Performance Engineering: Cat Back Exhausts, Down Pipes, Test Pipes & Mazdaspeed 3 Tuning ) and parts are fabbed and tested in house. This is a real shop of down and dirty modders who are putting out really good stuff.

On topic though, their powdercoating is better than I've seen in a long while. Excellent prep, detail, and finishes.

No affiliation, but they just won the "Who's gonna build Brian's engine" contest.

6. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Another option is AFI Powder Coating in the Howard county part of Laurel. They are a block from my office and have used them. All they do is powder coat, and they can coat anything, including an entire car frame. They have a huge oven! Small ones too.

Home