Aerial drone video/pics | FerrariChat

Aerial drone video/pics

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ProRallyCodriver, May 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    #1 ProRallyCodriver, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    I pretty much retired from competitve motorsports for medical reasons and am excited to find a new hobby to stay involved w/ racing.

This AM I procured a quadcopter drone to film motorsports from the sky. If anyone who organizes carshow events wants a promo or documentary video of their show or trackday from the air, would be willing to expand into documenting those also. Want a video of your car collection or estate from the air? Can probably work something out unless you live in White House or other restricted areas.

2. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Someone had a drone at the Virginia Beach Cars and Coffee this past Saturday, and the photos and video I saw on Facebook were pretty cool!

For what it's worth the SCCA has ruled that drones are not allowed at their events.

Good luck with the hobby or business!

3. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Aerial video with in-car and you're golden, alive, and still coaching.

4. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Just be careful about not using it for commercial purposes unless you get an FAA permit. I have heard they are cracking down on this big time and have even been going after people posting videos on YouTube that make revenue from the ads!

5. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Just a hobby. Day job is fixing your collided cars.

Sort of anti-SCCA myself but got filmed by a drone last Novemeber at one of their rallyXs by the production crew of Junkyard Empire.

Filming rally/hillclimb by drone is likely safer for all involved than by holding a camera. Interested in filming carshows first.

6. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Which model did you buy ??
    I just got a DJI Phantom II and have not had a chance to try it yet

7. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    I got a Phantom 1 just because it was great package deal on Craigslist and guy selling is pro aerial photographer and gave me some lessons.

8. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    very nice