May 9th or 10th Car Events? | FerrariChat

May 9th or 10th Car Events?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SpykerBAS, May 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    Friends,

The weather looks to be great, and my cars are washed, but there seems to be a lull in this weekend's scheduled car events. Can anyone recommend anything going on after Cars and Coffee on Saturday or on Sunday that might offer some car-related fun? The rest of May seems to have good action, but I can't find anything this weekend...

Thanks,

Brett

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
  3. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    What he said! lol

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    The South Jersey Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club is having lunch at the Smithville Inn. Mmmmmmm.

5. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    The Bob Craig. "I always wanna drive and this would be a great day to get a serious long drive and photo session day" is this weekend Brett. Didn't you have that on the calendar?

I will be at C&C and would be up for that.

6. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    Ok, Bob, let's do it. Baz has soccer after C&C till 12:30, but then I am free. Let's go drive and shoot.

7. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Sounds good Brett.

8. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Hope to see you both at C & C
    Its been way to long

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Sounds good Glen. Better make your reservations for a prime parking spot early. It gets packed early and the police usually show up now by 9 or so.

10. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Really? I haven't been in a few weeks due to other commitments. It is always packed by time I show up around 9, but when did the police presence start?

11. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Police are there but I haven't seen any action.

I will be at Kevin's event tomorrow. Was thinking of going go karting on Sunday. Any interest?

12. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    Come out to our event tomorrow instead....no police. :)

We should have between 30-40 cars, and its for a good cause. See you tomorrow Alan.

13. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Personally, I am glad for the police presence because it keeps the B.S. and showboating to a minimum and makes C&C safer for the kids. I have a strong distaste for jerks revving their engines and doing burnouts in a public parking lot full of pedestrians and children.

Forgetting C&C for a moment, I hope everyone will attends Kevin's event on Saturday instead. It is going to be fun and for those itching to drive...you still have all afternoon.

14. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    I'm in tomorrow for the car show! Definitely would be down to do go-karting on Sunday as well.

-Jared

15. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    Joe, if spending money on candidates is protected speech, I assert that revving is protected speech. Free expression of the purest kind. The police cannot restrict my Constitutional right to rev. After all, revving is what cars do. mI was entertained, though, when the cop had words with the Mustang owner about the Moonshine bottle perched on his engine mount. I agree, of course, that keeping the buffoonery to a minimum helps to protect the event. Watching cops bust cars as they are leaving the Dallas and Blackhawk events on YouTube is a solemn reminder that we have it good.

16. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I agree with you Joe, 100 per cent. I cannot commit to Kevin's show, as my schedule is up in the air tomorrow, but I may be able to stop by C&C for a few minutes.

17. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    I will try to get there early, but it keeps taking longer for my bones to wake up and actually do what my brain is telling them
    Thanks for the heads up Bob