Where do you go for safety & emissions Northern VA | FerrariChat

Where do you go for safety & emissions Northern VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by colamclean, May 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Just purchased a 575M. Need inspection. I live in NVA, other than FOW, are there any service stations, shops in the area that members feel comfortable having perform these services? Thanks.

2. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Take your car to Fairfax Service Center at 2850 Prosperity Avenue in Dunn Loring/Merrifield. They are a BMW/MB shop but do all the VA emissions/inspection work for Competizione's NoVA customers. They also do basic oil and fluid changes on a couple of local Fcars, but send anything more complicated to Richard and Fernando. The owner of the shop does the inspections himself and prefers if exotics only come on Saturdays after 10am.

3. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    I just take mine to my local Shell gas station where I have a relationship with the owner. He's an MR2 guy so he's familar with mid-engine layout. Emissions inspection for 96+ is just plugging a computer into the OBD2 port under the dash so nothing special there. Oh and I have decat pipes and still pass every time :)

4. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    And the politically incorrect answer is to register it somewhere other than NoVa without emissions and/or annual safety inspections and/or property tax. Not that I would [cough]ever do that.

5. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Thanks - Fairfax Service center it is. I have a couple of BMWs too, and will give me a chance to evaluate their service. Appreciate the suggestions I have received!