The two Tonys from Algar are opening their own shop!!! | FerrariChat

The two Tonys from Algar are opening their own shop!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, May 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I know many of you guys have probably already heard it through the grapevine, but just to clear the air, Tony D and Anthony Sinnott have left Algar and are opening their own shop, Scuderia Performante, in Malvern. Their shop will be next to Richard Mullin Coachbuilding.

These are probably two of the best Ferrari mechanics working today. Although I am sad to see them leave Algar, it’s great to know they will still be nearby!

They have a temporary webpage up at scuderia performante

Join me in wishing them much success :)

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Good luck guys !

3. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Good luck to both. Despite not being a Ferrari owner, these guys' reputations are so good I can't imagine they'll be anything but a huge success. Great location too! I remember many nights in high school that were spent flying down Yellow Springs Road in my friend's Integra. What a fun little car that was!

4. Flipjack

Flipjack Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    IMO just another indicia and reaction to the homogenization and attempted top-down over profiteering. From quite a ways back it was pretty clear to anybody that knew them, their integrity and their skills that this could be coming.

And good F - - KING FOR THEM!! Bravo!! Bellisimo!! I wish them all the success in the world.

And ancillary "upside" to Ferrari owners, the way this trend is going, Ferrari, Fiat or whoever is going to have to really ramp up the "full warranty" now to have a prayer of getting any cars thru the dealership service doors. Just like they seemingly need protected territories to keep certain sales franchises alive, they better figure out a similar protectionist service scheme, and quick!

Can you say "Classiche by Tony D."??

Completely unrelated to post or thread and admittedly completely 100% off-topic (read = nothing libelous or slanderous here); I was just thinking the other day how I try my best in life to gravitate towards the positive, but as much as it is great to see good things happen to good people, there can definitely be something gratifying in seeing not such good things happen to potentially not such good people. Not a sermon, just a thought.

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Great for them! Not so good for Algar!

Thanks Joe, I didn't know.

6. draab29

draab29 Rookie

Mar 5, 2007
    Congratulations guys! I'm excited for your new venture!

Dave

7. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    Congrats!

8. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Tony and Tony have been taking care of my 1982 308 Ferrari (22 years), my 1994 Alfa Romeo (21 years) and my 2005 Maserati (10 years) for ever, why stop now? Congratulations, see you soon!

9. TonyK

TonyK Karting

Mar 7, 2011
    I stopped by to see their shop tonight. All I can say is, it's perfect! There is no doubt that they will be successful. It's going to be fun watching them become the top F-car shop in the country, and it won't take them long at all to accomplish that distinction.
    Congrats again guys! I'm very happy for you!

Tony

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Do I see a Cars and Coffee field trip coming up?

11. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Great Mechanics and I wish them nothing but success
    I am sure they will be very successful,
    Good Luck Guys !

12. 12.3:1

12.3:1 Rookie

Dec 6, 2005
    SNJ
    hmm, excellent news.

13. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I thought the same thing!

14. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    +1.

15. Flipjack

Flipjack Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Beware. Being present in this establishment or the curtilage thereof might could have one permanently kicked off "The List". lmao.

Speaking of which, Sir Tonys, please brush up on your Raging Bull acumen ASAP. But I suppose you may already be there. That "list" is growing rapidly and, some opine, it is not nearly as scandelous, haughty or onerous as the aforementioned infamous one. And really isn't lacking in performance either.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0SvhEkHHt5o[/ame]

Video commentary = Uh huh. See ya... wouldn't wanna be ya!

16. TonyK

TonyK Karting

Mar 7, 2011
    I don't want to speak for them, but they mentioned hosting a C&C once they are fully up and running.

17. cyocum

cyocum Karting

May 16, 2010
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I have had my 355 at Scuderia Performante 2 times recently. Once for an annual fluid service and recently for a CEL issue. Tony and Anthony's level of service is impeccable! After servicing for the CEL, the issue came back after a few drive cycles. Tony was disappointed it came back, without hesitation Tony offered to come to my home and resolve the issue. Tony came out to my home early on a Sunday morning and took care of the problem. This is an example of excellent service. I have never experienced this level of service!

van22 likes this.