Car storage near Philly / West Chester | FerrariChat

Car storage near Philly / West Chester

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by cayman13, May 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cayman13

cayman13 Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Looking to store my Scud in a climate controlled garage with easy access. Any suggestions or recommendations based on your experience?

Thanks much.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Climate controlled? you're going to need to talk to one or more of the detailers here to see if they can accommodate you, I think. Might be a used car dealer or two that would have a space you can tuck your car into as well.

If locked garage space is good enough, then I used to rent single garages from a condo/apartment building in Paoli, if that's close enough. Oak Knoll is the name of it, right across from Daylesford Station. They were cheap, back in the day.

D

3. AdvancedDetailingMainLine

BANNED

Nov 17, 2014
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt Davis
    Sir,

Sent you a private message about storing your Scud. We like to keep details about storing vehicles on the down low as its not something we would like the general public to know about due to security concerns.

Thanks.
    Matt Davis
    Advanced Detailing of the Main Line

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Hmm, well played...??

5. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I store my testarossa and MGB with Oakes Detail all winter. It's a climate controlled facility with plenty of exotics on hand. I think more than a few local f-chatters do too. You may want to reach out to him. He is a sponsor here.

6. EvoM3

EvoM3 Rookie

Aug 19, 2007
    +1 Oakes for storage.
    I think space is available year-round, but check with Nick for "details".

7. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    I responded to your email sir. More than happy to accommodate you and look forward to showing you the facility!

Thank you for the kind recommendations Joe and EvoM3

8. Bruce_Wayne

Bruce_Wayne Rookie

Apr 13, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I just want to give a little testimonial to Advanced Detailing...

Over the winter I had these guys detail and correct a few cars for me. Not only did they do a phenomenal job on the cars, but when I ran into a space problem, they stepped up and offered to store them for me.

I periodically would stop in and check on the cars. They were always on battery tenders, kept clean, out of the way, mileage never rose, and with minimal notice, they had the cars washed up and ready to go when I needed them.

I just wanted to give my two cents about Matt and Brandon. They are good guys that do great work!

I knew they were relatively new to the industry, but everyone's gotta start somewhere... I'm happy I took a chance and gave them a shot. Very pleased with them!

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    contact me!

10. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA