Paint correction and ceramic coating! | FerrariChat

Paint correction and ceramic coating!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by sunir, Jun 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    #1 sunir, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I recently had a multi-stage paint correction and Gyeon Ceramic Coating installation done by a detailer and friend of mine DJ Mayo who is out of the Manassas VA area. The paint was quite challenging it's a 4-stage Lamborghini paint with glass flake called Bianco Opalis applied exclusively to the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Gallardos, of which there were only 100 worldwide with 70 of those as e-gear transmission examples and only 25 of 100 units allocated for the U.S. all of which were the final stickshift cars ever and rear wheel drive only. Although he's worked on many exotics from Enzo Ferraris all the way through the range, I was surprised and impressed by DJ's work and attention to the smallest of details, and his passion for perfection! The way he really brought out the shine in the paint and made the glass flake really pop making each glance a bright shimmer under natural sunlight. Even though the car is a 2014 model year (Anniversario cars were 1 year only at the end of production run) with only a few miles and basically brand new still he was able to do the paint correction and eliminate any swirls and imperfections normally found on high end exotic cars from the hand paintwork from the factory. Having worked on my car for a week, I can say that he's made the car BETTER than it looked coming from the factory in Sant Agata, Bolognese and fresh off the Dealer's enclosed transporter when I first took delivery! The ceramic coating also brings out that incredible deep gloss and really helps to protect the corrected paint underneath which is now free from any scratches, swirl marks, or dirt. I was very pleased with DJ's work and anyone in the VA or surrounding area who needs exceptional detail work, ceramic coating, and high end paint correction ...DJ is your guy! Feel free to ping me for his info if you wish.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Looks great Sunir,

Love the depth in the 4 stage paint.

It was great meeting you at Tom Clarks Show in Hershey.

David

3. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    ^^^^ thank you David likewise meeting you. I really enjoy Toms event I've been every year since 2011 his first year with the show!

4. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Sunir, did you do a clear bra?

5. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Yes the car has clearbra...the paint correction makes the pain perfect prior to clear-bra application then the coating goes over top of clear-coat on areas without film and over the film itself on areas with film.

6. 12.3:1

12.3:1 Rookie

Dec 6, 2005
    SNJ
    nice! glad you are happy. coating will make life so much easier. still have to wash it properly, but it will be easier to clean and stay cleaner longer.

7. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Good to know :)