F-chatters share another special day at Dupont Children's Hospital | FerrariChat

F-chatters share another special day at Dupont Children's Hospital

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Aug 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had the pleasure of sharing my morning with some very special children at the Nemours DuPont Children's Hospital. These children are bravely battling illnesses that require extended stays at the Hospital. DuPont runs a summer camp inside the hospital for some of the kids to bring a sense of normalcy. A few weeks ago they called me and asked if I could bring some fun cars along to share with them. I want to thank McLaren Philadelphia for their generous donation of $500.00 in posters, T-shirts and other merchandise for the kids. Because of their generosity, my firm used the funds that we would have put towards merchandise for the kids to give a matching donation to the hospital. I also want to express my deepest thanks to Andrew Robbins , Nick Oakes, Scott Wexlin and Brit Nietsdlog for taking time out of their mornings to share their cars with the kids. It was an amazing day...

Oh, and to those of you who make fun of my OCD, you should know that some of the kids were climbing all over my McLaren like it was a jungle jim. I genuinely could not have cared less. Maybe it was because my detailer was sitting next to me, but I would like to think its because, when you see a kid and his parents smiling in such difficult circumstances, its easy to remember....its just a car.

Again my sincerest thanks to all of you guys for joining me and especially to McLaren of Philadelphia who continiously surprise me with their generosity. It makes me really proud to be a McLaren owner...

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
  3. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It really was a fun and enriching morning. I want to thank Joe for organizing everything, without him connecting the dots would not have been possible. The cars were a hit with the little kids and big kids alike. You could tell by the looks on their faces that this was a wonderful diversion from the adversity that many of them face daily.

I spoke to a couple parents as well; they were also very appreciative that their kids were able to get in a little fun time!

And Joe, I never make fun of your OCD, as I am the same! The kids were in and out off all the cars, pictures, etc. Hey, this is what the event was all about. A little detail spray and waterless wash fixed everything up when I got home. And you're right, Nick can fix the rest!

Thanks, again for lunch after, it was nice to get together and chat outside of the normal C&C setting. Happy to do future events like this anytime.

Scott

4. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Awesome stuff Joe(and Andrew, Nick, Scott, and Brit)...I'm sure it was a much needed diversion for the kids. I can't imagine what these kids and their families go through, anything that helps them take their minds off of things and "live in the moment" I'm sure is very much needed. Kudos to you guys for helping to make that happen!