Trailering | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    I'm needing to bring my 458 from DC to Philadelphia for its annual very soon. Last year I drove it up there but this year I'm considering trailering it up there, leaving it and doing some stuff up there while it is being serviced. Also considering having some work done at Fabspeed while the car is up therel. Any suggestion for where/how to rent/borrow an appropriate trailer? Any other tips? I have a full size pickup to tow it.

2. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    I would simplify your life and drive your car to Competizione. Richard and Fernando are the best. Fairly price and they do great work. My answer regarding trailering would depend on how much experience you have doing it. Loading and securing the car and towing with a 1/2 truck to Philadelphia is not so easy. I have been down this path taking my 430C to different race tracks. It is hard to find a nice enclosed trailer to rent as I only know of privately own trailer. I believe commercial operations like Uhaul only have open trailers. Another option would be to hire some to deal with the transport. I have used and would completely trust Dominic DiMento (Italian Motorsports (240) 375-3587) with transporting any of my cars

3. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    I'd actually be fine with open trailer as that would probably be simpler anyways.

The car is still under the 7 years maintenance program so bringing it to the dealer is a no brainer. Likewise, I work several miles from Competizione and if I still have the car at that time it is a no brainer to bring the car there after the warranty/maintenance program from Ferrari is over.

Any other suggestions on where to look to rent/borrow a trailer would be appreciated.

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

5. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    If the car is still under the factory maintenance program and needs to go to a dealer, and if you're that close to Competizione, why not simply bring the car to FOW? Just a thought....

gp

6. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    I'd give the dealer a call and ask if they can provide transportation. I know Algar has a rig of their own. Save yourself the trouble.

7. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #7 Manda racing, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After beating up the nose trying to drive it on nose first, I backed it on easily with plenty of clearance. I can't remember if doors cleared the fenders (the fenders rotate out of way.). It rolled right off onto my steep driveway at home.

The tire nets fit over the back ones and tie downs all around.

I'm thinking of doing it again, only extra was wood to lessen ramp angle.

I paid $250 4 days one way. IIRC. Lots of guys would loan you a trailer.

Your model may have more clearance than mine did. F150 rode better with Ferrari on back.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    Great pic. Thanks for the useful information. Wow. Looks like a tight fit. Was that a 16' trailer?

Dealer preference is the reason why it goes a bit farther than it would otherwise.

9. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    The guy that delivered my 348 from Texas actually lives only a few miles from me in Parkville MD. He has a single car enclosed trailer and could probably help you. PM me if you want his information.

10. RossoDiamante

RossoDiamante Karting

Jun 3, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic, US
    #10 RossoDiamante, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I ended up purchasing an enclosed 20' trailer. So if anyone is in need I will have one to loan. Race red! Got the HD 5200# axles so it can haul 7000# plus. Plenty of capacity for our little cars! Will also have a weight distributing hitch with sway control. I'm excited.