Small Body repairs onsite in the DMV | FerrariChat

Small Body repairs onsite in the DMV

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dahveedem, Oct 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Prior to having my car delivered from Chicago the shop who did the PPI located someone to come onsite and touch up a few blemishes on the car.

Is there anyone in the Mid Maryland / NoVA area who comes onsite that can do minor body work?

Thanks in advance.

David

2. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    There are. Would I recommend any of them? No.

In the collision repair industry we refer to them as 'bumper repair gypsies'. Dealerships like to use them because they are cheap, quick and if the paint falls off in 2 months, the car is already sold. Less overhead working out of a van and EZ up without a proper and EPA legal paintbooth, they really are rolling potentially explosive paintbombs waiting to happen.

If it were my car I wanted to keep and did not want dirt or bugs in the paint and still wanted the paint to be there next year (proper curing in a booth and flex), then I would avoid the gypsy vans?

Would you go to a dentist working out of a van?

3. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Excellent point, but in my case it's a small repair which really could be accomplished onsite without me having to arrange to drop off the car and arrange to have someone pick me up and take me back. It's honestly about my selfish convenience.

and in my case the rear bumper repair done back in 2012 would have still been in place and looked great had the exhaust pipe not come loose and nicked the repair.

4. 12.3:1

12.3:1 Rookie

Dec 6, 2005
    SNJ
    reach out to Mike Lambert at the Shine Shop in Reistertown and he probably can refer you to someone good.