Acura NSX unveil this weekend, wanna go? | FerrariChat

Acura NSX unveil this weekend, wanna go?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JoeZaff, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Acura of Limerick will be hosting an unveil of the new Acura NSX at around 3pm on November 14th 2015.

You are invited as well as any that may want to join you. Everyone is encouraged to bring their classic or sports cars with them to compare. There will be factory reps there and engineers as well.

Please sign up if you are interested!

Thanks.

2. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    C&C, a drive, lunch, drive to Limeric, hangout at the dealer's: sounds like a fun day! I'm in.

3. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Saw it at SEMA, it's better looking in person! Would love to see it again. In.

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    It looks beautiful in the new issue of Autoweek. Count me in.

5. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    #5 Oakes Detail, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Absolutely worth the ride up. Impressive turnout of the original NSXs, I think it ended up with just shy of 30 of them there.

The new NSX, I love it in person. I had the chance to see it in the Electric Blue out at SEMA last week and that is THE color for that car. It pulls off red incredibly well. The pictures are a little deceiving, as they make it look like a large car. It is surprisingly small and in the same footprint almost as the new Miata.

Even cooler is the fact that these cars were driven into the dealer rather than transported and theyre on 20inch snow tires! Can't wait to see them on the road.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    It sort of looks like a grown up Saturn Sky?

7. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    When Honda (Acura), Toyota (Lexus), and Nissan (Infiniti) launched their premium nameplates, their sedans pressured the established European (German) companies like Mercedes-Benz and BMW in the areas of quality, features, and pricing. This had the effect of making the German companies more competitive and, in the end, made their cars better.

With the introduction of the Acura NSX at a projected price of only $155K to $160K, the Europeans who dominate the exotic car market (e.g., Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.), are now on notice that the Japanese are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the exotic car market. This will force the established players to make better cars, I believe, thereby benefiting the customers. Hooray!

8. Ferrariformula1

Ferrariformula1 Karting

Jul 10, 2015
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm sure it is well built car but doesn't do anything for me like 911 turbo. I wish acura gets rid of that front grill. V grill. At least for NSX. Any interior picutres? performance specs? IMO, New z06 is more exciting to look.

9. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    All pics and specs on Acura's official NSX site here.

10. AaronMeisner

AaronMeisner Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    I think I'll stick with my '92.

11. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Are the dealers still blatantly asking $25k over MSRP?

12. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Fully loaded the price will be in 220 range. I'll wait for the "R" model if/when H.P.D modifies the car.

13. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    New issue of Road & Track did a 10 page "First Drive" write up on it... Pretty negative (especially for R&T which tends to be pretty positive about most cars) review, although apparently you MUST get the optional tire because the standard ones are lousy, but even then they preferred the previous incarnation. We'll see what they say when then do a real road test in the future.

14. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    On the other hand, the new R&T thinks the new "cheap" McLaren 570S beats everything else in it's class including the 911 Turbo Sport and the Audi R8 V10 Sport.

15. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    $220K?
    CRAZY but I bet they still fly off the shelfs

16. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
  17. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    starts at 157 ...

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great spec is $175K. Can't see needing to spec more than that on the car. There really aren't many options.